Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Where to place GoPro on Vision+

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Wheat, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Wheat

I wanted to test out adding the GoPro to the Vision+ to get some better sunset photos. I have a bag full of mounts and finally decided to use the QuickClip mount and mount it to one of the legs for a quick test. I got some better photos than with the Vision+ camera but the vibration was very bad. I had it up for less than a minute before I set it back down. I thought about mounting to the top of the phantom with a sticky mount but concerned with GPS signal. I also thought of adding a gimbal guard like plate on the bottom and mounting it to that. The plate would still be on the landing gear and still might have the vibration. I would think the best place would be under the quad inline with the center of gravity but I am not sure how I would mount it from the body and not the legs. I have seen some mounted to the Vision but I have not seen if anybody is doing this with the Vision+. What are your thoughts?

2. happydays

I saw some videos when the V+ came out originally with a GoPro mounted on a stick (thingy) lashed to the landing legs so that the Vision's gimbal could be demonstrated in operation. Might be an option. Whatever you do, don't hang it off the gimbal!

3. airdrone

why not buy quick release, works very well just the same as using phantom 2 with gopro. Here you can switch between cameras. I think that vision camera gives better pictures one gopro. gopro is better on video

4. Wheat

I looked at the quick release. To get the quick release, gimbal for the gopro, plate for the gopro, plate for the vision+, it was about the same as the new vision 2 with a gimbal. I only get added FPV with the quick release setup but I get a new bird with the other option. I have a GoPro and just want a temporary setup when I want it, not looking to spend $750 to do both.

Brent10 likes this.
  5. eyecon82

It adds about 350 grams for almost a loss of 6 mins in flight time

6. Brent10