Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Cale262

Thinking about going with a Trackimo on my P4 as I'm not really all that happy with FlyTrex lately and they are nowhere near a solution for the P4. If you are already using a Trackimo, where did you mount yours?

2. Retroman

When I get my P4 and if I decide to go with a Trackimo I might 3D print something like this.
    Trackimo GPS tracer mount for Phantom 3 Professional by mpd352

I thought FlyTrex was the way to go with tracking these days? I've been out of the game for a while(former Phantom 1 owner) so any info on which tracker is best is appreciated(I used a Garmin GTU 10 on my phantom before, but it is no longer supported).

Jussaguy and Cale262 like this.
  3. Cale262

I love my FlyTrex when it works and I wish I could upload my flights that it doesn't capture manually but I haven't been able to upload a manual flight for more than a month now and FlyTrex doesn't have a solution for that either...I think maybe they are occupied by other projects ATM.

4. Shammyh

I think they're occupied by debt. Get the strong impression they're having financial troubles... And their website hasn't changed in about a year now.

Flytrex products continue to work (though the P3 is STILL not fully supported), but I do have to question for how much longer.

Such a bummer as yes, Flytrex *was* the way to go for tracking.

Cale262 likes this.
  5. Jussaguy

Device looks useful if not heavy.

I would just use hobby grade Velcro and lay it on the top personally.

In case you're not a builder, hobby grade Velcro ain't like a child's shoe. You Velcro something using that stuff and it goes nowhere. I use them on my toy drones to use large batteries for things like the x5c and it will easily hold a 1000mah 3.7 on the top of that tiny little 1 ounce device.

Just a suggestion. Plan on getting another trackimo for it if I decide to keep it, which I haven't decided yet. I would love the next firmware before I make my decision. Luckily I have a very good friend that is the store manager at the Glendle Apple Store.

6. RoyB

philmarker likes this.
  7. Cale262

That would be a shame if they do go under as I'm very happy with my live3g unit on my P3P when I'm in a location with cel service (~50% of the time) if they do go out of business I hope someone buys their live3g rights and expands the services. I can see where they may have over invested in their delivery platform in hopes of Amazon buying into it for drone delivery services. I guess time will tell but I sure wouldn't mind acquiring their Live3G tech if it did become available.

8. Sky King

I just use 2 small strips of Velcro on each batt and stick it on the battery. I've never lost it. It might fly off in a crash but it will be close to the bird regardless unless it hits something in the air, comes off and the bird keeps going.

9. Dirby

I use the marco polo.

10. what the

Like this?[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

dronejunkyev and KevMo Photog like this.
  11. Jpooner808

You have the STL for that or link to thingverse?

12. Justgregg

Okay...i need one! Had the trackimo on my P3. Any ebayers selling them?