Where to get remote pilot certificate?

I would highly suggest you guys figure out where you want to take the test and call and schedule with CATS a test date because CATS started booking appointments to take the test last week. The quicker you get in front of everyone else, the quicker you get your license. :) I actually created a step-by-step page on how first-time and current pilots can get their drone pilot license. How to Get Your FAA Drone Pilot License (For First-Time and Current Pilots) - Drone Law Attorney Services - Rupprecht Law, PA

I am an Instructor at Drone UAV Pilot Training - Unmanned Vehicle University / The FAA will issue a course study guide similar to the one they have for Private Pilots. This will happen in about 30 days. You will then have to make an appointment at an FAA Testing center, there are about 400 of them in the United States. Look to regional airports that have lots of lots of flight schools based at them. This is going to be a 'real deal' pilots license, if you have any intention at all of using your drone for any business purpose "even your own, as in you are a realtor taking pictures of your own houses' you best have this license. This is the best thing that could have happened to the Drone Industry. It will allow you to get insurance easier, book jobs, easier and validate you as an operator/pilot. Its not going to be easy though. You are going to have to learn (FARs) Federal Aviation Regulations, Airspace, Weather and Drone aerodynamics. So at this point there is nothing for you to do, but to sit and wait till the FAA releases the study guidelines.

Sorry, I'm still a little confused. I have a private pilots license, but I'm unclear on what else will be required of me for my commercial license? Hopefully it will be just and online test....

Sorry, I'm still a little confused. I have a private pilots license, but I'm unclear on what else will be required of me for my commercial license? Hopefully it will be just and online test....
1. Log into your FAAST account. Take the sUAS online course. Take the actual test after. Pratice test optional.
2. Have a current bi-annual flight review, Drivers license/Medical
3. In August you will be able to log into IACRIA and add the rating, or go to the FSDO, or a DPE, Not sure I would go to a CFI for this but it's an option.

Mike

Self studied for Airman Knowledge Test for Unmanned Aircraft - General. Got a 92 on test. Many questions on reading Sectional Charts and on Airspace rules as well as weather forecasts, Aeronautical Decision Making. There are some excellent YouTube videos that I recommend watching. Cyndy Hollman channel video on Airspace and on Sectional Charts as well as the Pilot Training Systems videos.
Study all the FAA Part 107 publications, and the Study Guides etc.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am hoping that those of us who Obtain an FAA Remote Pilot Certificate can convince DJI to give us a blanked unlock so we do not have to contact DJI for their permission to fly in controlled airspace. After all we will have to get ATC's permission to do so as an FAA Remote Pilot and DJI has no authority or liability for us flying in US National Airspace. That Is the responsibility of the FAA.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4