where to get parts for P4.. that dji doesn't list

Reaction score
hey guys, new member here.. fixing a guy's drone and he broke the magnesium core of his p4.. can you eve get this?? and he broke one of the connectors on a cct board for a cable that has to do with the front facing cameras... o_O .. thinking he might be SOL.. but figured I'd see if anyone of you can help. thanks! :grimacing:.. on a side note.. maybe there's some of you interested in buying his salvageable parts.. again, new here.. thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 453
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 495
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    702.2 KB · Views: 470
You kinda touched on where to get them in your last sentence.

Go to 'Classified" section and post your 'want to buy' or 'want to sell' thread(s).

o_O .. thinking he might be SOL.. but figured I'd see if anyone of you can help. thanks! :grimacing:
Why not send it to DJI for an estimate to repair? Seems like a better option than selling it for parts, but I may be wrong. Seems like it would take a lot of time and effort to sell the parts, versus having it repaired, unless the owner doesn't want to fly anymore.

Optionally, you can call Mike Holt in Northern California, he's got a slew of cannibalized craft he uses to repair craft more economically, he works from home. His repairs are top notch, and he's quick. Just call him to see if he's got the P4 used parts. If he does, send the craft to him to repair. I sent him my P3P as a basketcase and he tested the boards to confirm viability, reassembled and repaired the craft for $90 labor, $305 total with parts. It flies like new. I had it back in 1wk. He replaced the body shell, 4 motors, battery tray, landing gear, a camera cable and the gimbal base. Mike Holt (530)-277-5366

Last edited:
Why not send it to DJI for an estimate to repair? Seems like a better option than selling it for parts, but I may be wrong. Seems like it would take a lot of time and effort to sell the parts, versus having it repaired, unless the owner doesn't want to fly anymore.

Optionally, you can call Mike Holt in Northern California, he's got a slew of cannibalized craft he uses to repair craft more economically, he works from home. His repairs are top notch, and he's quick. Just call him to see if he's got the P4 used parts. If he does, send the craft to him to repair. I sent him my P3P as a basketcase and he tested the boards to confirm viability, reassembled and repaired the craft for $90 labor, $305 total with parts. It flies like new. I had it back in 1wk. He replaced the body shell, 4 motors, battery tray, landing gear, a camera cable and the gimbal base. Mike Holt (530)-277-5366
well, I'm in Canada for starters and this guy broke the magnesium core of his P4 which according to one repair dealer isn't even available to be bought, bent a motor, broke the entire exterior, broke a connector off a circuit board (so that board needs to be replaced)... cracked his camera housing as well.. I'd say sending to dji would be a HUGE bill

just buy a replacement craft. not that much more than paying for all the repairs

It will be refreshing when sellers on eBay start buying new P4s and parting them out, similar to what I see being done for Traxxas RC models. Prices are usually quite a bit cheaper than MSRP and there's still a large profit margin.

called Mike earlier today... looks like he's got the parts I will need according to him. appreciate you passing along his info!

Reactions: maseman88

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj