Where to fly this winter.

Reaction score
I have started to think about where I will be flying and filming this winter. Time for us all to think about it. How about before and after pictures, especially like where I am and the scenery changes so much in the winter. I don't have many trees that change because I am in a pine forest, the ground gets covered with the strange white stuff and everything else is still there 'cept for that white stuff.

So, I don't know if anyone else could use the reminder but now is the time to get those BEFORE pics. I will take one and edit it into this post later, I think we all would like to see what YOU are doing.

is there a temperature range I should not venture out with the phantom?
Last year in the midwest it was CRAZY cold... my perennials almost all died, and they have a tolerance of -40 :)
I wont likely fly anything below 20 degrees, but would that be ok?
just curious.

ill try to get some before stuff today or soon. im replacing my bird as we speak, so hopefully my new one will have more satellites :)

dunginhawk said:
Last year in the midwest it was CRAZY cold... my perennials almost all died, and they have a tolerance of -40 :)
just curious.

ill try to get some before stuff today or soon. im replacing my bird as we speak, so hopefully my new one will have more satellites :)

That is exactly what prompted me to start the tread, I have a weather station I run, accessed though my website below and it got down to 27degrees this morning. Monday was the first day of deer hunting and now I have to worry about freezing pipes. weeee always something fun here in Tionesta, California

Before and after pictures actually sounds like a pretty good idea, I also might do a property fly around before and after as well. This will be my first time flying in the winter so I'm pretty excited about it, so many new things to try out! I might actually find my lost phantom once everything starts to die off, last time I got covered in poison ivy for almost 3 months.

dunginhawk said:
just curious.

I believe the manual stated the lower operating range was -20F, probably for the battery. Don't have it in front of me right now but would be a quick look up because i know it's in there.

Edit: From the manual

"The battery should be charged in an environment that is between 0℃ to 40℃, and be discharged in an
environment that is between -20℃ to 50℃. Both charging and discharging should be in an environment
where the relative humidity is lower than 80%."

And

"Operating environment temperature -10℃ to 50℃"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20