Where To Find Landing Gear Replacement Parts

Reaction score
Good afternoon. Was flying a bit this afternoon, brought her down for a battery change, and noticed a small inse t on a leg was missing ( see attached photo ). No crashes involved, not found in my back pack.

So, looking for some guidance on where i can find a replacement for this. Looks to be a snap-on piece.

Thanks in advance.

b4af528d38f169b563abe6768466511c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think youbmay end up buying the entire landing gear... That being said have not seen gear available yet.

I am having difficulty getting a Propeller Adapter replacement-the plastics hub attached to the motor that you fix the propeller to.

Despite best efforts I cannot locate anyone including DJi who hold spares. Very unsatisfactory.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My crash was caused by the drone dropping a couple of metres whilst hovering above a small structure.

I am having difficulty getting a Propeller Adapter replacement-the plastics hub attached to the motor that you fix the propeller to.

Despite best efforts I cannot locate anyone including DJi who hold spares. Very unsatisfactory.

Sorry, here for $3 Official DJI Store
Called propeller install kit

Good afternoon. Was flying a bit this afternoon, brought her down for a battery change, and noticed a small inse t on a leg was missing ( see attached photo ). No crashes involved, not found in my back pack.

So, looking for some guidance on where i can find a replacement for this. Looks to be a snap-on piece.

Thanks in advance.

b4af528d38f169b563abe6768466511c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Update...contacted DJI support online.

"For phantom 4 we don't have any spareparts available now, we will make a repair ticket, so you have to send it for repair".

I have seen the various comments about DJI customer service...wow....what an absolutely frustrating experience. They want me to send the unit for repair. I told them I would just return to the Apple Store where I bought it and swap for a replacement. Seems they would prefer that not happen. Think I will just put some white tape over it and live with it for now until I can get the part. Hasnt impacted flight performance that I can tell with this piece missing. Just concerned about the wire and connection that is now exposed, which I assume at this point is associated with the antenna.

I have lost two of these plastic covers. Did you have any joy finding replacements?

I ordered my propeller install kits but still no sign of them - having withdrawal symptoms for a £3 component!

I have lost two of these plastic covers. Did you have any joy finding replacements?

I ordered my propeller install kits but still no sign of them - having withdrawal symptoms for a £3 component!

Apology for the delayed response; out of the country this past weekend (unfortunately couldn't take the P4 with me...apparently some mixed experiences by others with Belize Customs).

Unfortunately no luck yet on finding a way to get this replacement item which probably costs no more than $0.50 each. DJI closed my ticket as well. They want me to send the bird back to them for repair. Seems ridiculous to do that. Just put some waterproof white first aid tape over it for now. Doesnt look great, but does protect it for now. Flew it last night with no issues.

darbyhouse, I'm missing the same part. Have you had any luck finding a replacement?

darbyhouse, I'm missing the same part. Have you had any luck finding a replacement?

Nope, no luck. Just have the waterproof tape over it for now. Flying fine, just a tad unsightly.

Ya, know if someone like @msinger who has a 3d printer could make them, there is a market... I would buy 6 to replace a couple broken ones and have spares on hand.

Wow, I find this amazing that spare parts aren't available for such an expensive item. I read several reviews about how bad the customer service is from DJI and I nearly bought the Yuneec quad instead just because of that. My P4 outperforms my buddy's Yuneec Q500 hands down, but someday the rest of the field will catch up to DJI and their shitty service will come back to haunt them.

Wow, I find this amazing that spare parts aren't available for such an expensive item. I read several reviews about how bad the customer service is from DJI and I nearly bought the Yuneec quad instead just because of that. My P4 outperforms my buddy's Yuneec Q500 hands down, but someday the rest of the field will catch up to DJI and their shitty service will come back to haunt them.
+1

Someone with a good 3D printer? Should go ahead and take one of each side from the drone, copy them, make a small batch, and sell them here or in Amazon!!!
Would be willing to pay up to $4-5 a piece .

Reactions: darbyhouse
Thanks... I did check www.helipal.com and could find almost every part but the one I need. I also received this email from DJI Support today.

"We are sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Product. We do not sell this part of the drone. We recommend sending your product into our North American Support center, for diagnosis and repair. Please reply with the below info, so we can arrange for a RMA repair. If you have any questions, please be sure to ask them in your reply. We look forward to assisting you soon!"

It amazes me that they would be willing to put me through that enormous inconvenience just to snap on a $2 cosmetic plastic part.

** UPDATE **

Saw a recent post here on the PP forum. The missing piece on the landing gear is included with a landing gear and compass replacement package for around $15.

Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 4 RC Camera Drone Part 26 Landing Gear Landing Skids Compass: Camera & Photo

I went ahead and purchased. Comes with a replacement compass in case you have an issue with that or need to replace the landing gear.

...and, it doesn't ship from China. [emoji106]

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info...

I've had at least a dozen emails back and forth with DJI Support over this issue and each time, until the last email, they have told me I had to send it in to them for repair. I have refused to send it to them and expressed my frustration about their poor customer support. They told me several times that the part was not available to the customer. After asking them numerous times as to why it is not available they finally found that they did have the part and would send it to me.

I haven't received the part and I'm not holding my breath that it will actually arrive in the mail. I'll give it a couple weeks and if it doesn't arrive I'll order it from the above site.

Thanks again!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic