where to download latest firmware?

Reaction score
Sorry for such a dumb question.
I'm new to this whole drone thing but want to get into some aerial photography.
They definitely don't make it easy.

can some one send me the link to download the latest firmware for Controller, Aircraft, Gimbal?
What are those version numbers?

Maybe I'm blind or obtuse or something, but one the link for the Standard, all I see are videos and pdf files.
Is there a subsequent link that leads to the actual code download?
very confused about even getting the firmware update downloaded to my computer, if I can't find it.

Oh, the reason I'm trying to download it is because my current firmware is below the version # that allows me to do it the new way (Wifi).
I believe I'm supposed to do this manually. I hope that's correct!

If you have a Standard, the proper way to update the firmware is through the Go app.
The app should alert you to any available updates automatically.
What version do you have now?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The way that the PDF "Firmware update Guide" says to check FW version is Camera view => system status bar => overall status. That page is totally blank except for its title "Overall Status".

Before it came up with 1.2 something but not now.

I know this doesn't help - but does that help?

Are you looking there while everything is connected? You have to have the Phantom and your device connected to the RC.

I think I'm confusing all of you.

First of all - I believe my firmware to be 1.2.x because (even though I can't replicate it) that's what I remember seeing at some point.

Second, If that is the case, then I MUST update MANUALLY because (according to firmware update guide) 1.3.2 is the lowest FW level that allows updating through the DJI GO app.

Third, If I have to update manually, all that is required is to get the FW download onto the micro sd while that card is in my computer. That I believe is independent of whether the phone, RC or aircraft is even switched on.

I just would like someone to point me to where the actual download is located so I can move it to micro sd while the card is in my computer.

Does that make sense?

Odd, I never knew that the Standard had a time when it didn't update through the app.
There was at least one thread here a few months ago where people were installing the Standard's firmware via SD card.
And I'm pretty sure there were links to a location where you can grab the firmware. I'll search to see if I can find it.

I make no guarantees.
Go to PhantomHelp
Click on the P3 tab.
Scroll all the way down to almost the bottom.
There are a bunch of firmware versions available.

YEAH! that's what I've been looking for.
Thank you mdowney58.
And thanx to everybody for their patience with me. Now let's see how far I can get!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20