Where to buy?

Reaction score
I have been waiting for the dust to settle before making the leap. Seems to be about leap time, however wondering who gives the best post support? I buy a lot of photo equipment from B&H, but I was looking around. Checked out Atlanta to find they are out of stock. I did send message about a week ago but no response as to when they expect inventory. To be fair, I'm sure they are still trying to figure out what to do with all the white stuff that some of the rest of us are somewhat accustomed to.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT

My "support" is directed towards possible hardware issues that may need replacement.

I bought my at B&H -- I don't expect them to provide support, so I don't know what their cababilities are... but whatever their support capabilities are, I'll bet it's not nearly as good as the support provided in this forum.

My P2V had a bunch of dead pixels. I returned it after about 3 weeks to B&H with no questions asked. The replacement has arrived, but I havn't had a chance to check it out.

Anyway, like you, I buy a lot of photo gear from B&H -- no reason not to buy a phantom from them. If I had a local shop -- I'd consider them... but otherwise, it's b&H for me.

After researching prices for the last several weeks, I went with B & H. I have never ordered from them before; so I called them on the phone. Customer service was excellent. They accept returns for the first 30 days. I did a P2V package but didn't like the case they offered with it. The changed out the case with the one I wanted and charged the difference. You also get recharable AA batts for your remote tx for free ($14.95 value). By doing the "package" I saved about $50. I spent $1500. That included the case, P2V, spare main batt and charger, and a prop set. Shipping was free. :cool:

B & H is also one of the 30 dealers named in injunction against DJI. They may have a hard time getting replacements if you do have problems.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You also might want to try Florida UAV out of Texas ( Go figure )

CONTACT & HOURS
FloridaUAV conducts operations from Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST. We are available on Sundays by e-mail or text only.

FloridaUAV.com
Damon Young
President
floridauav.com
(210) 870-9570
[email protected]

I have been doing business with him and his Customer Service is Impeccable!! highly recommended

rfernandez said:
You also might want to try Florida UAV out of Texas ( Go figure )

CONTACT & HOURS
FloridaUAV conducts operations from Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST. We are available on Sundays by e-mail or text only.

FloridaUAV.com
Damon Young
President
floridauav.com
(210) 870-9570
[email protected]

I have been doing business with him and his Customer Service is Impeccable!! highly recommended

My business with FloridaUAV so far has been positive. The price was excellent (P2 with zenmuse and iosd and monitor) and the support so far very good. Had trouble with the tilt lever (didn't seem to make consistent contact with turn screw on board) and they are overnighting me a new one...even before I send the problematic one back.

Cudos to Damon.

HELICOP said:
After researching prices for the last several weeks, I went with B & H. I have never ordered from them before; so I called them on the phone. Customer service was excellent. They accept returns for the first 30 days. I did a P2V package but didn't like the case they offered with it. The changed out the case with the one I wanted and charged the difference. You also get recharable AA batts for your remote tx for free ($14.95 value). By doing the "package" I saved about $50. I spent $1500. That included the case, P2V, spare main batt and charger, and a prop set. Shipping was free. :cool:
What case did you upgrade to ? Price difference if you don't mind.

I live in Atlanta, and bought mine there (so I could buy in person).

I've been trying to purchase another battery from them, but they're out of stock in that too. I was told this morning they are expecting their next shipment from DJI on 02.20. I would bet that includes the P2V.

They deal directly with DJI China, and so aren't part of the injunction.

Friendly guys, great on the phone, great in person - not so great at responding to emails. Overall, I am a very satisfied customer.

I've found they tend to sell out pretty quickly every time they get a shipment, even though they get huge shipments about every 10 days.

Bought the full phantom kit from multirotorheli.ca in Calgary Alberta. Cheapest prices within western Canada, deals on shipping and good stock. Exchange rate makes it good for US buyers. Bought another from flyingcameras.ca just outside Vancouver. Prices were a bit higher and more for shipping but close.

paulinde said:
I have been waiting for the dust to settle before making the leap. Seems to be about leap time, however wondering who gives the best post support? I buy a lot of photo equipment from B&H, but I was looking around.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT
My "support" is directed towards possible hardware issues that may need replacement.
B&H provides no-nonsense support and usually prefers to do a complete product exchange. Post-purchase you can seek support from a hands-on dealer (there aren't many) but if you're filing a warranty claim they're at the mercy of DJI's support system (dealers want to be compensated for warranty claims) which typically lags 2-weeks per communication after the first auto-responder, dealer or not.

iDrone :roll:

I'm going to buy my Vision soon. Was trying to decide between vision or p2 with zuemuuse , will probally get the vision. Like the idea of using my iphone or ipad mini. Just using it for fun.
Was debating B&H or atlanta hobby. Just don't like the idea of paying shipping at Atlanta. I know it's not much but just the point if I'm spending almost 1500 for the Vision and accessories , I think they could give you free shipping.
I emailed them but was told they wouldn't do free shipping , but they told me they had good customer service.
Maybe I'm being petty ? What do you guys think ?

Mori55 said:
I'm going to buy my Vision soon. Was trying to decide between vision or p2 with zuemuuse , will probally get the vision. Like the idea of using my iphone or ipad mini. Just using it for fun.
Was debating B&H or atlanta hobby. Just don't like the idea of paying shipping at Atlanta. I know it's not much but just the point if I'm spending almost 1500 for the Vision and accessories , I think they could give you free shipping.
I emailed them but was told they wouldn't do free shipping , but they told me they had good customer service.
Maybe I'm being petty ? What do you guys think ?

In my opinion I would just go with B&H. They are very good to their customers. I know from experience of replacing my first Phantom 2 Vision.

Mori55 said:
...I think they could give you free shipping. I emailed them but was told they wouldn't do free shipping , but they told me they had good customer service. Maybe I'm being petty ? What do you guys think ?
Regrettably, I bought mine from a local dealer (I like to support local businesses). Their support has been & continues to be horribly slow. Of the two issues I've had (bad battery & bad controller) it has taken them over a month to resolve each (I'm still waiting on the controller).

Had I thought to buy from B&H I would easily have done so in hindsight. They carry significant clout with manufacturers due to the volume they buy. Had I purchased from them in the first place I'd have a replacement battery on my doorstep within a few days of reporting since it's a stocking item, and either a new controller or complete Vision package for reporting the failed controller.

If you want to resume flying post-purchase when something fails and you don't want to be forced to wade thru the muck & mud of the DJI approval process, learn from the rest of us and get it from B&H. The other good thing about them is that they typically have fresh inventory with the latest firmware & improvements.

iDrone :!:

I have bought all kinds of cameras and gear from B&H for many years...an have had no problems. I did order my Phantom 2 Vision from Atlanta Hobby by phone. They were great in answering my many questions at the time....but have had no problems with my purchase..so I can not reply on their customer service support. Good luck in your purchase.

XCcoach said:
I live in Atlanta, and bought mine there (so I could buy in person).

I've been trying to purchase another battery from them, but they're out of stock in that too. I was told this morning they are expecting their next shipment from DJI on 02.20. I would bet that includes the P2V.

They deal directly with DJI China, and so aren't part of the injunction.

Friendly guys, great on the phone, great in person - not so great at responding to emails. Overall, I am a very satisfied customer.

I've found they tend to sell out pretty quickly every time they get a shipment, even though they get huge shipments about every 10 days.

Same here!

I bought my P2V from Atlantahobby.com less then 2 weeks ago. I spoke with them on the phone around 6 hours after making the purchase just to confirm it would be shipped that day. These guys move a lot of DJI product. They did say they were the #1 DJI seller in the US.

I have spent WAY more money with B&H as I recently bought a kickass camcorder the Sony HXR NX30u. However, when it came to the P2V I felt that Atlantahobby.com was more suited. Kind of like buying a chevy from a chevy dealer and not a ford dealer, if that makes any sense.

I know this is going to sound shitty and petty and I guess I have a bug up my ***. But I just got pissed that they don't offer free shipping like most sellers. And I've had a phantom 1 and a 450 so I pretty much know how fix them. Plus if I really have a problem I know this forum or RC groups will help me out. If it's warranty I can send it back to B&H or Amazon or who ever I get it from.
Plus a couple of times I ordered parts from Atlanta and got a email saying they were out of stock. But it didn't say on the website when I ordered them. He did inform me , but if it said backer freedom the website I would of went else ware.
Ok I'm done whineing.

Mori55 said:
HELICOP said:
What case did you upgrade to ? Price difference if you don't mind.

I went with the GoProfessional pre-cut case. It is laser water cut pre-formed foam. It has a cool blue coating on top. The case is perfect for carry on/transport. I would take a pic and post it...but I haven't figured out how to degrade the quality of my photos with my iPad yet. :( price difference was nill.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers