Where to buy new Vision +

Reaction score
I have a dear friend who is now wanting to buy the V2+. We have read a few threads stating that is best NOT to buy from DJI direct to instead buy from a leading U.S. dealer. The thread stated that buying direct from DJI has resulted in receipt of inferior equipment with GPS and overall QC issues as the ones from DJI themselves are all made in China and are substandard. I would like to know several opinions on this and if its recommended to buy direct from DJI who (which dealer) would you recommend purchasing from? They also referred to better customer service and repairs when ordering from a dealer. Please weigh in on this as he is ready to buy now but is reluctant to after reading some of these threads. Any input would be very appreciated.

Dirty Bird, I value your opinion a great deal. So are you saying its best to order from one of these two instead of the factory? If so, tell me the best one and he will order tomorrow. Thanks so much.

Thanks guys truly appreciate the honesty. I am sure these are all made in China but it all boils down to quality customer service after the sale. Hearing and seeing horror stories dealing with Customer Service at the DJI level is much less than desirable (Like they won't answer the phone or return emails when you have a problem.) I noticed that Motion RC is Veteran Owned and with he and I both being veterans he has decided to order his unit from them and I will now order parts and accessories from them as well (I support Veteran owned businesses every chance I get). Thanks so much..............

Bought mine from Dave's Discount Motors and would do so again. Awesome after-sale support!

I had a batery issue. Emailed my dealer re warranty who got a conformation reply from Dji the very next day. No questions asked.
You will find dozens of posts here that show if I had bought direct from Dji I would still be waitng for a reply and even then a lengthy process.

kymedic121 said:
Thanks guys truly appreciate the honesty. I am sure these are all made in China but it all boils down to quality customer service after the sale. Hearing and seeing horror stories dealing with Customer Service at the DJI level is much less than desirable (Like they won't answer the phone or return emails when you have a problem.) I noticed that Motion RC is Veteran Owned and with he and I both being veterans he has decided to order his unit from them and I will now order parts and accessories from them as well (I support Veteran owned businesses every chance I get). Thanks so much..............

MotionRC is my #1 RC vender. They are great to deal with, and if you have a problem they will bust their rumps to make things right. They also actually love & fly what they sell. You'll find lots of videos of them having a blast flying RC aircraft.

AndysAdventures said:
I like B&H Photo Video. They ship fast and it sounds like they have a great return policy in case you have a problem with it.

We do buy all of our video and photography equipment from B&H for the production and hosting of our Hunting Television Show. They ship extremely fast and if that don't have what you need then no one has. But being that this is a specific piece of equipment I wanted to ensure that if I had a problem I could pick up the phone and be able to talk to someone who speaks the RC language. To do anything different would be like buying a brand new computer from someone who only sells motorcycles (No arrogance intended). Its just that I am so new to the hobby I wanted to ensure that who I was speaking to could truly relate to what I was describing, thus be more capable to assist me in correcting the problem via trouble shooting or replacement. Yes, these are flying cameras but the operative word is FLYING with the camera really being secondary. B&H is an awesome well established company who we trust explicitly, we purchase every production grade video camera, DSLR platform and all the related production related audio and editing systems from no one else. I just felt it was better to buy a flying product from someone who lives, eats and breathes Flying stuff. I actually did purchase mine from MotionRc before I knew they were such a popular company, largely because they are a Veteran Owned company and they had it in stock. My buddy has seen me practicing (simulator), reading and youtubing so hard this past several weeks so he became very interested and while here last night I showed him a ton of the V2+ videos and he decided he had to have one himself. He is a very cautious buyer and I didn't want him to just take my word for it and this is why I posed the question of where was the best place to buy from. We did stumble across several threads while he was here that did not put DJI in very good light when it came to customer service after the sale. Prior to seeing those threads and me posting that question he nearly purchased from DJI Direct because they are offering free prop guards from 7/4/14 - 7/8/14. He also has the mentality that if you buy from the manufacturer you get a better product, better customer service and you are cutting out the middle man. I have seen that nearly every dealer online is holding to the MSRP price that is set by DJI and no one is undercutting DJI's price and they are offering the same two packages just as DJI. I did notice that some companies are selling this unit below the MAP and for several hundred dollars higher but most are on Ebay. Sorry, I would not buy something this genre specific from Ebay, especially something that cost so much. Just so that everyone knows there are now two new Phantom RC fanatics (my friend and I) and neither one of us has yet to fire the rotor on one yet, lol. I and others like me being so new to this hobby in general and to the phantom itself consider ourselves very fortunate for this forum and for everyone that contributes here. It really means a great deal to us beginners to be able to login to a place like this and be able to ask virtually any question and get real answers from people who have real world experience with this machine and that genuinely want to help. This is a service that is worth paying for. It really means more than most of you can possibly fathom. Kind of like having your own personal tech support that you can log into 24/7, knowing you will get solid answer from many techs with years of experience. So from myself and all the beginners out there, THANKS SO MUCH!

kymedic121 said:
I have a dear friend who is now wanting to buy the V2+. We have read a few threads stating that is best NOT to buy from DJI direct to instead buy from a leading U.S. dealer. The thread stated that buying direct from DJI has resulted in receipt of inferior equipment with GPS and overall QC issues as the ones from DJI themselves are all made in China and are substandard. I would like to know several opinions on this and if its recommended to buy direct from DJI who (which dealer) would you recommend purchasing from? They also referred to better customer service and repairs when ordering from a dealer. Please weigh in on this as he is ready to buy now but is reluctant to after reading some of these threads. Any input would be very appreciated.

Where are the Phantoms sold by retailers made?

BobUnplugged said:
kymedic121 said:

Where are the Phantoms sold by retailers made?

Bob, I have read on several threads that most that sold by dealer are made in the USA. I for some reason doubt that. I am the Founder/CEO of hunting products and our products are exclusively made in the USA and I know what that entails. To manufacture what we do we must purchase materials and we purchase all of them here, every aspect of our business done right here in the good ole USofA and it costs us dearly to do so and because of this it makes our products more expensive for the end consumer. All of our competitors have their products made in China, in bulk and in doing so they make their products for pennies on the dollar and their price points and profit margins are massive. BUT....They also manufacture and sell a dramatically more inferior product and that is a proven fact and is backed up analysis that we share with all of our customers and we also have a money back guarantee. I say all of that to say this, I find it really hard to believe that anything with this much technology requires a ton of materials, electronics and man-hour labor. I could be wrong but with all of these factors and knowing what it costs to do business in this country vs. China, it would cost them dearly to be truly American Made and this product would probably cost double than its current price point. Many US based companies have now modified the definition of American Made. They are now buying all of their materials, having their products partially assembled in China and Taiwan, shipped over here for final assembly. Then they put it in their packing and call it American Made. I am sorry that is not Made In The USA. That is, Assembled in the USA. I hope I am wrong, I would like to think that our country and our people physically built these units right here at home but something tells me they are not. We are certainly capable of doing so!

I think all of the Pluses are made in China.As with every nation for the most part you can get cheap units and very good ones.China is no exception.
I would buy from a dealer who will help you and if you have a problem let you return it asap.I ordered mine through Amazon and was able to do that.I had bought a model before that from Atlanta Hobby and have found them too big for good after sale service.

kymedic121 said:
AndysAdventures said:
Prior to seeing those threads and me posting that question he nearly purchased from DJI Direct because they are offering free prop guards from 7/4/14 - 7/8/14.

I didn't realize that DJI was doing that promotion as well.

It was a bit humorous to me that B&H Photo Video is also doing the same promotion, so my new P2V+ to replace the crashed one ships with free prop guards.

Seems like a nudge & wink for me to be more careful with this new one. :lol:

Southern California - Aerial Media Pros

Bought mine from Aerial Media Pros near John Wayne Airport. They are great, sell all the DJI products. They also have a great backpack for $169.

Yes, If you buy a new V2+ from DJI from now until 7/8/14 you get free prop guards.

Thanks for the kind words on those who have recommended us. For the record, we also enjoy the things that we sell here at DDM. I am the resident "R/C" nerd. Here are some photos of my Phantom. I have had a great time getting to know this platform over the last few months.

SoOWmE6.jpg

1/5 cars:

mv2aDUh.jpg

thTbn.jpg

VBzfbnM.jpg

1/10 stuff (a small fraction)

7oQRXjH.jpg

Q8h0AkW.jpg

8r4b3.jpg

And my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyr7e ... Tg5ihho1RA I will get more videos done soon, I promise! Having an almost 2 year old daughter and another little one arriving in the next week has taken up a lot of my extra time :)

Any suggestions for a dealer in the UK? I'm just about to upgrade to a DJI P2V+

Thx

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj