Where to buy batteries?

Your first link above is OEM. The second link is a 3rd party battery.

Reactions: Squirrel!
There are currently 160 sellers selling that same product on Amazon. Sometimes a bad apple gets into the mix.

If you're worried about it, spend an extra $1 and buy it for $105 from this authorized DJI dealer. Authorized DJI dealers do not sell third party batteries.

Thanks, that's the same link basically. same reviews showing they are fake and not OEM

Like I said, there are 160 sellers selling that same item. The reviews for all sellers are combined together and displayed for that product (regardless of the actual seller).

The battery is 100% OEM. If you have any doubts, only buy it from a seller who is an authorized DJI dealer.

if you really want to have a try with a new replacment battery, i want to suggest you for this battery:
Lumsing Intelligent P3 Replacement Battery 15.2volt 4500mAh for DJI Phantom 3 Drones Standard Advanced Professional
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G8EDAYE
offers 30days money back and 1 year warranty!
if you want to have a try, it is surely a very good choice! thanks!

Some of the worst advice from this poster. As it's been mentioned, 3rd party batteries no longer work! Even if they did work at this time DJI updates their firmware so that they stop working. You would than have an $80 paperweight.

And if you are in a rush and need a legit OEM battery immediately, find the best price on Amazon (sold by and ships from Amazon) and Best Buy will match the price. You might not get the best deal, but sometimes you can't wait...

the batteries always updated, the old ones may not works, but, we sure that once the issued happened, the issue should be solved, the new one surely works well!

That's great news. As soon as DJI announces that they will honor their warranty if you use those batteries, I will consider them.

Some of the worst advice from this poster. As it's been mentioned, 3rd party batteries no longer work! Even if they did work at this time DJI updates their firmware so that they stop working. You would than have an $80 paperweight.

This is not entirely true. I'm testing a third party battery for a seller on Amazon and it works fine on the most recent firmware and versions of Dji go. I just don't know if I trust it yet, but will be posting a review by next week. Some third party batteries have managed to work around the update which stopped allowing them.

Edit: just for the record, I'm not recommending third party batteries, just stating facts.

This is not entirely true. I'm testing a third party battery for a seller on Amazon and it works fine on the most recent firmware and versions of Dji go. I just don't know if I trust it yet, but will be posting a review by next week. Some third party batteries have managed to work around the update which stopped allowing them.

Until the next firmware update. Also, do all of the new battery warnings work with these 3rd party batteries?

Until the next firmware update. Also, do all of the new battery warnings work with these 3rd party batteries?
Maybe. But, I've tried this new 3rd party battery on 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 and it works on all. There is always a risk of things not working via firmware for sure, if someone is looking to buy these than they would want to stay on a vesion which is proven to work. And, I'm not advocating them, just saying that some do work. I was skeptical until this one arrived and i powered on the phantom 3 with no issues. I still don't trust it as well, but it works.

I'm not sure about your 2nd question. Can you rephrase it?

I'm not sure about your 2nd question. Can you rephrase it?
DJI OEM batteries report their over-all condition, such as temp and the firmware then adjusts flight characteristics or even prevents flight. Do you know if the aftermarket batteries do this?

There is a lot more to the battery then it turning on. Personally I'd not want to risk a $1200 device to save $20 per battery. Not when 3 or 4 is all I'd need for the life of the Phantom.

DJI OEM batteries report their over-all condition, such as temp and the firmware then adjusts flight characteristics or even prevents flight. Do you know if the aftermarket batteries do this?

yes, it does (the one i have) report the voltage, temps, life, etc. It also takes battery firmware updates just like stock. here's a dji go screen cap of the battery page below (android, dji go 2.8.1). it shows a unique SN and everything. i've never been a proponent of 3rd party batteries at all. i do recommend stock. but, if the battery works, the battery works. quite honestly, i probably wouldn't use one of these on one of my long range flights, but i would let my son fly it around for 15 minutes. DJI likely didn't invent anything unique or special in their battery, the battery is gonna have cells just like other batteries you can find manufactured in China. We trust non-DJI brand names for tons of other batteries in life, I don't see a huge reason why these are different, but i get the argument. What if the maker of this battery was the same maker as the battery within the iPhone 6?

eLZBSyD.jpg

I have 3 of these clones now. I got mine from banggood, but they look and probably are identical to those linked on amazon. Im just gonna echo Digidat0; after ~30 or so flights between them, I can say they work just fine, identical to the OEM ones, with the sole exception of auto discharge feature not being implemented.

If I still would have had warranty on my bird, I might have considered paying for the OEM battery tax, but since I have no warranty anyway, its an easy choice for me (OEM batteries cost €140 here, the banggood ones where about half that).

Reactions: Digdat0
Did try some Banggood batteries, no problems whatsoever....

However.........

Imagine the drone crash`s and you`re using a clone battery? DJI can and problably will refuse any responsability....(even wasn´t battery issue).

Just saying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4