Where to buy a replacement for the gimbal fan

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum, so please be mercyful in case I should do anything wrong :)

Unfortunately, I recently crashed my phantom 3 professional. The camera gimbal took the most severe damage, I had to install a new flex cable and glue parts of the motor housings back together. It now works, but there is one problem I don't know how to solve:

I noticed that the cables of the cooling fan of the camera gimbal aren't connected to the fan properly. I tried to weld the cables back to where they belong, but unfortunately the attempt failed and the fan now cannot be used anymore.

Therefore my question would be the following: Is there any source where I could get a replacement fan for the camera? I already found some sellers on alibaba.com and on the manufacturer's web site. But the prices for only one piece, including shipping and handling fees, were very unaffordable.

My hope still is that someone that has a damaged phantom 3 pro could help me out with one spare part. Do any of you drone pros have an idea where to find a replacement piece - ideally in Switzerland, but shipping from any european country would still be affordable.

All the best and thank you for your help!

Lukas

I will be watching this with interest. I have the exact same problem. Crash but not too bad. Unfortunately, the gimbal fan outer housing took a hit. I have a brand new camera/gimbal to install but wanted to fix up this one for a spare just in case.
If you don't mind, would you send me the link on alibaba where you found the replacement fan, or at least the part number?

I will be watching this with interest. I have the exact same problem. Crash but not too bad. Unfortunately, the gimbal fan outer housing took a hit. I have a brand new camera/gimbal to install but wanted to fix up this one for a spare just in case.
If you don't mind, would you send me the link on alibaba where you found the replacement fan, or at least the part number?

Hi Allen,
I looked everywhere on the internet, even directly contacted some manufacturers in china. Unfortunately, the shipping would have cost over 50 dollars for one fan unit. So I was very pleased to find the exact fitting fan on Amazon, with free delivery to Switzerland.

You can find the fan here:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B018TGYRMS/ref=pe_386171_136086881_TE_item

Good luck on repairing your copter! If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help :)

Das ist fantastisch! Vielen Dank. Es ist auch frei, die US-zu shipt aber es wird ein paar Wochen dauern. Ich kann warten!

The Amazon site you took me to came up in German... so I thought I would try my hand at Google Translate! Thanks again.

Unfortunately, when I started disassembling my bird to replace ribbon cables and such, I discovered more damage. Fortunately I was able to repair the electronics on the main board. A couple of capacitors and cable connectors were pushed back during the crash but all the connections are solid. I was able to push things carefully back in alignment, test the circuits and power up the P3P and all works. I made generous use of gorilla glue and this new 5-second ultraviolet curing resin to secure everything and build up a little buffer reinforcement. Unfortunately the small plastic mounting posts for the ESC main board as well as the mounting posts of the landing gear are not so sturdy. I ended up buying a new body and battery compartment to fix all that.

Just a note on the crash, other than my own stupidity. I don't recommend carbon fiber props unless you are dead sure you will not encounter any (even the slightest) debris, obstacle, large bug or bird. They shatter very easy. I was maneuvering through some tree canopy at the edge and got a little too close. My original white plastic blades would have just nipped off the twig and I would only probably need to replace the blade. The carbon fiber blade shattered instantly and that of course sent the bird straight down to a hard side impact! Not good! No more carbon fiber blades for me!

Allen

Last edited:
As a follow-up, I did order a single sample from Ali-baba and received it. Still need to take the time to repair the fan on the old camera. Thanks for the great source on the fan! Good news, my new camera/gimbal arrived, the bird is back together and flying right!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

As a follow-up, I did order a single sample from Ali-baba and received it. Still need to take the time to repair the fan on the old camera. Thanks for the great source on the fan! Good news, my new camera/gimbal arrived, the bird is back together and flying right!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Glad to hear that, happy flying! :)

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum, so please be mercyful in case I should do anything wrong :)

Unfortunately, I recently crashed my phantom 3 professional. The camera gimbal took the most severe damage, I had to install a new flex cable and glue parts of the motor housings back together. It now works, but there is one problem I don't know how to solve:

I noticed that the cables of the cooling fan of the camera gimbal aren't connected to the fan properly. I tried to weld the cables back to where they belong, but unfortunately the attempt failed and the fan now cannot be used anymore.

Therefore my question would be the following: Is there any source where I could get a replacement fan for the camera? I already found some sellers on alibaba.com and on the manufacturer's web site. But the prices for only one piece, including shipping and handling fees, were very unaffordable.

My hope still is that someone that has a damaged phantom 3 pro could help me out with one spare part. Do any of you drone pros have an idea where to find a replacement piece - ideally in Switzerland, but shipping from any european country would still be affordable.

All the best and thank you for your help!

Lukas
I have several of the fans for sale for $17.50 each plus $6.50 shipping anywhere in the USA.

If you want one of the fans PayPal $24.00 to [email protected] along with your address and I will get it coming your way - this price is for within the USA.. I will be posting the ad on Ebay this evening when I get home and will set up a link here.

Little late for the answer, but items like this should be off the shelf from suppliers like Digi-Key, Mouser Electronics, Newark, etc.

Hi Allen,
I looked everywhere on the internet, even directly contacted some manufacturers in china. Unfortunately, the shipping would have cost over 50 dollars for one fan unit. So I was very pleased to find the exact fitting fan on Amazon, with free delivery to Switzerland.

You can find the fan here:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B018TGYRMS/ref=pe_386171_136086881_TE_item

Good luck on repairing your copter! If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help :)
Is it a 5V fan? The original is a 3.3V. Bye

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.