Where to buy a P4? Apple? BestBuy? DJI Direct?

Reaction score
Ok so I'm ready to pull the trigger on a P4 and I'm not sure where I should buy it from. Are there advantages of certain retailers over others? Who has the best 'service' to support issues? Price is pretty constant from what I can see.....

Where should I buy it from and why?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Since DJI services all Phantoms when covered by their warranty, the only thing you really need to consider is how easy it is to return your Phantom if it is not delivered as expected and/or something does not function properly. If you buy from Apple or Best Buy in person, you can also return your Phantom to them in person. Amazon is also a great place to buy since they have a 30-day return policy (when Amazon ships the order). They'll even cover the shipping cost if you need to send your Phantom back.

Reactions: Phantom-Four
After three weeks of arguing with them on my return of my unopened P4 and filing a claim thru PP, I just got my funds returned to me. I will NEVER buy from the DJI online store EVER again, impossible to deal with!!!!

DJI is offering bundle deals now.. Best price, no tax. Something goes wrong though, look out. Pros and cons.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There's a good reason they are bundling them now..THE P4 IS A BUST!

Apple, Apple, Apple!

There has been a guy that crashed and had a gimbal issue and Apple exchanged it (I am not saying your apple store will do the same - but they seem to be very helpful). They have a 14 day no questions asked policy to return. Even outside of this they will help as well.

Sure you may pay an extra bit on tax, but with the amount of issues (gimbal, motors, battery) it is simple peace of mind to be able to walk back no questions asked and get it exchange or fully refunded.

Reactions: Lenny7118
I originally ordered direct with DJI. I then read a ton of horror stories on this forum about terrible customer service if you had a lemon. I cancelled the order (which was very straightforward) and bought from my local Apple Store. My P4 has been faultless on all counts and I've since bought a few accessories direct from DJI. These orders have come through to me in the UK very quickly. As a previous poster said, Apple or Amazon are good for returns during the initial period if you have any hardware issues. In hindsight I probably didn't need to cancel my order and reacted prematurely to the negativity I read here on PP.

I originally ordered direct with DJI. I then read a ton of horror stories on this forum about terrible customer service if you had a lemon. I cancelled the order (which was very straightforward) and bought from my local Apple Store. My P4 has been faultless on all counts and I've since bought a few accessories direct from DJI. These orders have come through to me in the UK very quickly. As a previous poster said, Apple or Amazon are good for returns during the initial period if you have any hardware issues. In hindsight I probably didn't need to cancel my order and reacted prematurely to the negativity I read here on PP.

Consider yourself lucky. My first P4 is a dream boat.

My 2nd I am ready to throw in the garbage. How is there that much difference in a product like that. Consistency is very important when it comes to crafts of any sort.

Consider yourself lucky. My first P4 is a dream boat.

My 2nd I am ready to throw in the garbage. How is there that much difference in a product like that. Consistency is very important when it comes to crafts of any sort.

What's up with your second one?

What's up with your second one?
It gets absolute crap range. Much different than my other as I am not a range demon.

It won't even link up with my Mini at the moment which is apparently a known issue since the update. Just lots of weird stuff keeps happening with it that I'm not even wanting to fly it but my first one is solid as a rock and I trust completely.

DO NOT BUY FROM DJI as I did.

There is no way they will give me a refund or a return on a bad HDMI board I bought from them. I just keep getting badly translated Chinese messages from their non tech support.

Hello guys..
Idk where to post this but I'll post it here..
I am from Europe and I'm hopefully going to USA soon, so I'm wondering can I buy there a Phantom 4 and take it with me to Europe without paying any taxes..
Phantom 4 is here too much expensive because of all taxes, and I think that we can't order it from American online store..

Hi Everyone! We are a dealer for DJI right outside of Houston, Texas! We offer 24/7 Technical Support, and for any reason if you ever have to deal with DJI, I will do it for you! We offer free shipping, and no tax unless you live in Texas. www.coptersource.com we have everything in stock and ships same day! email me at [email protected]

Ok so I'm ready to pull the trigger on a P4 and I'm not sure where I should buy it from. Are there advantages of certain retailers over others? Who has the best 'service' to support issues? Price is pretty constant from what I can see.....

Where should I buy it from and why?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Everyone! We are a dealer for DJI right outside of Houston, Texas! We offer 24/7 Technical Support, and for any reason if you ever have to deal with DJI, I will do it for you! We offer free shipping, and no tax unless you live in Texas. www.coptersource.com we have everything in stock and ships same day! email me at [email protected] We are a small family owned business, and we appreciate our customers!

Buy from Best Buy. A) if you buy using their eBay listing you get your bird tax free with same day pick up in store, or free delivery. You also get $35 in bestbuy rewards and eBay bucks as well. B) if you buy using Plenti's bestbuy portal you get about $35 in rewards from them $35 from Best Buy and when you go in to pick up your bird you tell them that you want the tax taken off because it's tax free on eBay.
I purchased my bird for $1399 out the door, with $70 in rewards plus 1.5% cash back from my credit card. All together the net cost to me was $1308.02.

Any new version of anything can be buggy. Im glad i bought mine at the apple store because my first one was bad. I had a paying shoot in 3 days and needed a replacment one fast.

Buy from Best Buy. A) if you buy using their eBay listing you get your bird tax free with same day pick up in store, or free delivery. You also get $35 in bestbuy rewards and eBay bucks as well. B) if you buy using Plenti's bestbuy portal you get about $35 in rewards from them $35 from Best Buy and when you go in to pick up your bird you tell them that you want the tax taken off because it's tax free on eBay.
I purchased my bird for $1399 out the door, with $70 in rewards plus 1.5% cash back from my credit card. All together the net cost to me was $1308.02.

Do you have a specific user name on eBay?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik