Where should I buy the P3P?

Reaction score
EDIT: I just bought from Adorama.com. Plus, they don't charge any tax, and it comes with 2 days shipping. :)
--------------------------------
Hello everyone. Just a few days ago, I saw the Black Friday sale for the Phantom 3. And I am thinking of purchasing it directly from DJI. But after a bit research, it seems everyone on the forum is screaming BAD IDEA. So now I turned my focus to Amazon(They seems to have lowered the price as well). And there are multiple vendors. This is going to be my first DJI product. And I've heard DJI's support is almost non-existent. So I want to purchase from a vendor that actually provides support, and customer care. But I am not familiar with DJI product, so I am currently not sure on where to purchase. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks.
-------------------------------
Vendor List:
1) Adorama
2) RC Depot
3) Beach Camera
4) Portable Guy
5) All e RC

Last edited:
Buying from DJI is perfectly fine. I've bought many items from them and had no trouble. They certainly don't ship as quickly as Amazon though. And, if something goes wrong with the delivery or unboxing, it'll be tougher to return it to DJI directly.

As for the vendors you listed, it's most important to buy from an authorized DJI dealer so DJI will honor their warranty. You'll likely get faster support if you come here when you have questions. The combined knowledge here is greater than any one dealer can provide. So, it really doesn't matter which vendor you choose.

Reactions: Eric1084
Buying from DJI is perfectly fine. I've bought many items from them and had no trouble. They certainly don't ship as quickly as Amazon though. And, if something goes wrong with the delivery or unboxing, it'll be tougher to return it to DJI directly.

As for the vendors you listed, it's most important to buy from an authorized DJI dealer so DJI will honor their warranty. You'll likely get faster support if you come here when you have questions. The combined knowledge here is greater than any one dealer can provide. So, it really doesn't matter which vendor you choose.
I actually got to Amazon through your list :). Ok. I guess I will go for the first one on your list(Adorama). I am only asking, because I have heard horror stories of people needing repair, but DJI don't honor their warranty. So I just want to make sure I purchase from a well known vendor, who actually will help if something goes wrong.

buy from drone nerds, they are a authorized dealer and have the same black friday deal on the p3p as dji direct

buy from drone nerds, they are a authorized dealer and have the same black friday deal on the p3p as dji direct
Well, they aren't on Amazon, and I would prefer to buy from Amazon. Plus, they are selling it at $1408. So it is even more expensive than what is listed on Amazon.

It seems like all warranty work is being done by DJI. So, no matter where you buy from, you'll have to send it back to DJI yourself. With that said, it's not likely that you'll need warranty work done. The Phantom is surely not perfect, but most people have no problem with it.

It seems like all warranty work is being done by DJI. So, no matter where you buy from, you'll have to send it back to DJI yourself. With that said, it's not likely that you'll need warranty work done. The Phantom is surely not perfect, but most people have no problem with it.

Oh... Well, I can either purchase from Adorama on Amazon for $1139. Or on DJI for $1159, but I get a free Knapsack(Got it from the black friday email thingy). However, have to suffer through slow shipping? How much value does the Knapsack is actually worth? Thanks.

DJI's site shows they are currently shipping in 1-3 business days. That means Phantoms purchased today will be shipping between Mon-Wed of next week. Shipping to the US normally takes 3 business days. That means you'd receive your Phantom on about December 7th or 8th. On the other hand, if you buy from Amazon today, you could have your Phantom as early as Saturday.

Also, keep in mind that you must sign for all packages from DJI. Amazon does not require a signature on delivery. So, if you buy from DJI, make sure you ship it to a location where someone is available to sign for the delivery.

Drone nerds black friday price starts tomorrow. I have the email. I actually bought my copter from amazon because of the 5% back from my discover card. But they took so long to ship it out I just canceled the order and bought directly from an authorized dealer.

DJI's site shows they are currently shipping in 1-3 business days. That means Phantoms purchased today will be shipping between Mon-Wed of next week. Shipping to the US normally takes 3 business days. That means you'd receive your Phantom on about December 7th or 8th. On the other hand, if you buy from Amazon today, you could have your Phantom as early as Saturday.

Also, keep in mind that you must sign for all packages from DJI. Amazon does not require a signature on delivery. So, if you buy from DJI, make sure you ship it to a location where someone is available to sign for the delivery.
Alright. I am buying from Amazon. Thanks for all of yours help.

Well, It seems Adorama just went out of stock on Amazon...

Well, It seems Adorama just went out of stock on Amazon...
Yep. The stock won't wait around forever at these prices. There are still some authorized DJI dealers with stock here.

Give HeliDirect.com a try and you won't be disappointed. They are also an authorized dealer of DJI for most products as well. Besides the DJI deals, they also have at least 15% discount on almost everything including the FPV gear.
HeliDirect -- Best Customer Services, Fast Shipping, Great Selections
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I should have taken a look before I purchased from Adorama... Can't seem to cancel that one anymore... Well, I guess it doesn't make a huge difference. But thanks, I will probably purchase from there for some future accessories.

Reactions: Johndo
Hello everyone. Just a few days ago, I saw the Black Friday sale for the Phantom 3. And I am thinking of purchasing it directly from DJI. But after a bit research, it seems everyone on the forum is screaming BAD IDEA. So now I turned my focus to Amazon(They seems to have lowered the price as well). And there are multiple vendors. This is going to be my first DJI product. And I've heard DJI's support is almost non-existent. So I want to purchase from a vendor that actually provides support, and customer care. But I am not familiar with DJI product, so I am currently not sure on where to purchase. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks.
-------------------------------
Vendor List:
1) Adorama
2) RC Depot
3) Beach Camera
4) Portable Guy
5) All e RC
Git maybe from camrise, amazon I 2 days, dji official seller

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members