Where is the s/w stored?

Reaction score
I previously posted that my P3S flew away and crashed. I found it a week later and sent it in to DJI for a repair estimate. They rejected my warranty claim and said the repair cost would be $170. I have been reading this forum since then and saw comments that update Go3.1.2 may have issues with Android devices which mine is. I am concerned that if I pay the repair costs, I may just have another problem when it is returned.
Can anyone comment on 3.1.2/Android warning? Also, can I find the current version I have on my Android? I don't have the remote or drone- they are at DJI.

It looks like you crashed due to pilot error. Meta4 has a good analysis of your flight here.

can I find the current version I have on my Android? I don't have the remote or drone- they are at DJI.
In your app, go to Settings, click on the 3 dots at the bottom.
Go to the bottom of that page and click About
I am concerned that if I pay the repair costs, I may just have another problem when it is returned.
The app is on your Tablet and whatever DJI do to your Phantom won't have any effect on your app.

I'd be pretty comfortable with a DJI repaired drone, especially one that you paid to have repaired. They would have been looking for things to fix and bill you for. No dig at them, just the way repair shops work. Depending on how much damage was done, after sitting out in the weather for a week, sounds like you got off cheap.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie