Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Where is the iOSD mini?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by richparry, Mar 2, 2014.

1. richparry

CORRECTION: I ordered the wrong kit. I ordered the kit without the iOSD mini by accident, I will be ordering the iOSD mini separately. Please disregard the following.

=========================================================

I purchased this Phantom 2 kit from B&H.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... raphy.html

The system works well, I have FPV video but no realtime telemetry. I opened the P2 to look for the problem and find there is no iOSD mini module. So either B&H forgot to add it or I don't know what I am doing.

I am seeing realtime video from the GoPro but no overlaid telemetry, is it possible B&H forget to add the iOSD mini?

thanks

2. OI Photography

If you don't see that little black iOSD mini box anywhere inside like the one in the pics on their site, I'd notify them right away. I've never heard of B&H missing something like that, but with the volume they move it's statistically likely to happen at some point. Just take a pic or two of it opened up, and they should be willing to help out, they're known for their great post-sale service.

3. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Hopefully, they just forgot to update the firmware on the OSD. Can you see the OSD box anywhere on the Phantom? They screwed up. It's not ready to fly if you're supposed to have OSD and it's not working. You should call them and get a free battery out of it.

4. richparry

Here is what I see when I open the P2. I don't see a iOSD mini. B&H has always been good to me, seems hard they should miss something like this.

5. richparry

Thanks to all that replied but I learned I ordered the wrong kit from B&H, it was my fault. I ordered the kit without the iOSD mini by accident, I will be ordering the iOSD mini separately.

6. OI Photography

Yeah there's so many bundles available it can be hard to keep track of which come with what. Glad you got it sorted though :)

7. chopperflyer

better put in your order tomorrow, DJI has a back load of about 6,000 world wide, at the moment nobody can buy one, best of luck.