where is the battery update for new firmware?

Reaction score
Well I took advice of a couple of forum members and waited til today to update to FW 3.4, but I notice there was no upgrade for the smart battery. I tried the previous firmware but that didn't allow me to do either...

Where is the battery upgrade?
Where is the feature to discharge battery?

It's not... Battery listed at 2.0 and nothing written(link to upgrade) is blank where before it would say, "No Update"

Mystery indeed :?:

Geert said:
The auto-discharging function will start automatically if the battery does not operate in 10 days.

It would be interesting to know how that is supposed to work, is the battery constantly operating and counting time, and then would start discharging(how? with LED lights?) after 10 days by it self, in the box?!

Are you able to change the low battery percentage with this new update?

I'm having same problem. Downloaded both 3.2 and 3.4 last night. Tried on 2 different P2V's. No option to update batteries. Tried 4 different batteries. Just says version 2.00 next to battery line.

Another update! Again I'll what a few days before I do the update to the update...

Geert said:
The battery will use their buit-in balancer loads for discharging what means they might slightly warm up for few degrees during that time period, just enough for the discharging process. There is no user control needed for this.

Geert./.

Would that discharge the battery to around 50% which is recommended for long term storage of LiPo batteries? That is at least what I expected from an auto-discharging feature

Geert said:
Nathan Carter said:
Geert said:
The battery will use their buit-in balancer loads for discharging what means they might slightly warm up for few degrees during that time period, just enough for the discharging process. There is no user control needed for this.

Geert./.

Would that discharge the battery to around 50% which is recommended for long term storage of LiPo batteries? That is at least what I expected from an auto-discharging feature

That's my guess too, can't find any notes about the percentages from DJI.

Geert./.

Also note that this self discharge feature is only supported with the latest and greatest batteries ( or so DJI says )

Panamon Creel said:
Gary567 said:
Wow, how confusing! Are you talking about firmware or Assistant software?

Assistant software is at V3.6 now
Correct, but Geert was referencing 3.06, which is a (now) older version of firmware, isn't it?

Cool, the battery firmware update works just fine in this version!

When one battery is done just power down, stick in another battery, power up then run the update again until they're all up to date :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 1.11.27 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 1.11.27 pm.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 433
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 1.08.30 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 1.08.30 pm.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 420
dbooty said:
Cool, the battery firmware update works just fine in this version!

When one battery is done just power down, stick in another battery, power up then run the update again until they're all up to date :D

So I understand this as I am terribly confused, there is not a special place on assistant to update the batteries. If I understand this correctly every battery you have you need to plug in the machine and run assistant software. it will then tell you what ver you have and suggest the update? I only have the one and it says ver 2.6, so I guess I am done?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj