Where is the 1080p 60fps? Advanced...

No. Only when I faced and pointed them towards each other. Someone had mentioned this in the thread I created for my speed issues and it worked.

Where are u finding those setting? I was only able to set those setting when I first fired up the app and registered. Thanks
I stumbled across the settings yesterday
I was looking for Video Captions so the arrow is pointing at that but everything else still applies (I posted this in a different thread as well for the video captions)

1) Must be connected to the controller and Phantom
2) Tap as follows:
FN
More
Skitch_zpstpdyatbc.png

There it is:
Skitch2_zpspge7xpkk.png

Reactions: bbfpv
I'm on my 5th flight with my p3A and I have searched but I can't find the 60fps setting. I can find the 15, 25, 48 and 50 but no 60fps? I'm on the 1.1 android app and I just spent another 20 minutes looking but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can't see the frame rate at all, where is that ?

I have it set to NTSC

Where please

No. Only when I faced and pointed them towards each other. Someone had mentioned this in the thread I created for my speed issues and it worked.

They want to be in a v shape pointing away from each other slightly, and pointing straight up into the air. Watched a youtube video test on this with an inspire controller in a lab with some huge fancy machine testing signal strength but can not find it to post here to help for the love of me. Just take my word for it anyway.

I stumbled across the settings yesterday
I was looking for Video Captions so the arrow is pointing at that but everything else still applies (I posted this in a different thread as well for the video captions)

1) Must be connected to the controller and Phantom
2) Tap as follows:
FN
More
Skitch_zpstpdyatbc.png

There it is:
Skitch2_zpspge7xpkk.png
Thanks for the help. I was on the old software where u don't have the option for MORE. I got it now thanks.

They want to be in a v shape pointing away from each other slightly, and pointing straight up into the air. Watched a youtube video test on this with an inspire controller in a lab with some huge fancy machine testing signal strength but can not find it to post here to help for the love of me. Just take my word for it anyway.
Oh. Ok. Thanks. I will try that today. I'm hoping the new software will help also.

Thanks for the help. I was on the old software where u don't have the option for MORE. I got it now thanks.
Yeah I think you are correct, that option appears to show up in Android 1.1.0. I still have the old version (1.0.10) on my phone and it does not appear to be there

I have the latest software on android.

It shows 1080p 30 but I cannot adjust the setting (other than to 720p) so where is the frame rate ?

From Squeaky's post, follow the menu options circled. You must be in NTSC bottom picture to get 1080p 60fps.

upload_2015-5-5_8-40-56.png

Yes

I have set ntsc.
And the only 2 options I have are 1080p or 720p when i click on video size

I agree that they should point away from each other and perpendicular to earth rather than almost touch. Find that You Tube antenna theory video and it makes sense...

Ok, I have figured this out now.

You then have to touch either 1080p or 720p and then you get another menu with the frame rate on.

My distance issue was definitely software driven. Doubled my distance in the same area and climbed to 1600 ft.
Antenna orientation set according to manual.

What does video caption toggle do ?
Creates an .srt file that is effectively subtitles of your telemetry. You can use a video app that supports .srt files (like VLC) to view your flight w/ telemetry.

I live in Europe and I will certainly use NTSC / 60 fps. Higher temporal resolution and smoother videos on youtube. I've noticed that lately youtube have begun supporting 50fps videos also. But as long as the monitor refreshes at 60fps the video will stutter anywway (maybe full screen viewings help).
So for us in the UK it really is no longer an issue anymore for Pal v NTSC?
Does that mean we all should choose NTSC and get the extra 10fps?
When you say as long as the monitor refreshes at 60fps the video will stutter anyway I'm not sure what you mean by this? Could you spell it out for me :)

So for us in the UK it really is no longer an issue anymore for Pal v NTSC?
Does that mean we all should choose NTSC and get the extra 10fps?
When you say as long as the monitor refreshes at 60fps the video will stutter anyway I'm not sure what you mean by this? Could you spell it out for me :)

Yes, today (or at least in this context) the only difference between NTSC and PAL is the frame rate. On the good old analogue days, NTSCs color handling was inferior to PAL (hence the "never the same color" joke), but that does not apply today. Also the resolution was higher for PAL (625 lines) than for NTSC (525 lines), but that does not apply anymore as the resolution is the same for both (for instance 1080p).

So, there really is no good reason for using PAL other than if you have an old TV set that can only show 50Hz. If that is the case, then your 60 fps footage will stutter and PAL will look better... But most modern TVs (and certainly the displays of the future) will switch frame rate with the source material.

As for the explanation of stuttering... Well, if your video has 60 frames (images) per second and the display shows only 50 fps, some frames will have to be skipped and this is perceived as stuttering. Same thing the other way (only then some frames will have to be shown twice).

Not sure if this was at all understandable...

Here's some more PAL vs NTSC info (but most of it applies to the analogue world):
http://www.diffen.com/difference/NTSC_vs_PAL

Last edited:
Reactions: squeaky

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4