Where is my Phantom - Obtaining the GPS Coordinate

Reaction score
Is it possible obtain the true GPS Coordinate? (i.e. N 38 45.123 W 108 25.123)

This would be handy in finding the Phantom IF it were to smash down. True, the Droid or iPhone app has this feature, but what if you are flying in a no service area where celphone coverage is not available? How can I get the GPS coordinate to use and input in my Garmin GPS?

Thanks for replying.

Jeff

Cell coverage is only required to download the actual map data (roads, rivers, woods, etc) - the GPS co-ords are what is transmitted by the Vision to the app at all times. Even if your "Find my Vision" map is blank because you can't load data you will still see the push pins and your location blue dot will move as you move - albeit on a blank grid rather than a Google map. You should still be able to use it in an emergency.

When the Android app was using Baidu maps these had no actual mapping data for the UK available, for example - but I could still see representative pins and therefore with a bit of roaming about and watching how the home pin (i.e. you) moves you could use this.

I hear a new app and new firmware is coming out for the P2V that allows mision planning and GPS Coordinates. I'm looking forward to geeking out with it.

Jeff

MrFlats said:
I hear a new app and new firmware is coming out for the P2V that allows mision planning and GPS Coordinates. I'm looking forward to geeking out with it.

Jeff

Yes you will be able to do autonomous flight. That feature is said to become available by the end of December / or sometime in January.

Yes, an autonomous flight that is within 700-900 ft

im wondering, i know that we can set new home point with s2 switch....does that make red point in map of"Find my phantom 2 Vision" also changed ? if that possible in event of lost as a last resort make a new home point and pray the phantom still alive to record new homposition and check back on map if red point has moved or somthing like that

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl