Where is charge count stored?

Reaction score
Its my understanding from reading a bunch that the charge count is based on the actual power fed to the battery. Charge the battery from 50% to 100% twice thats 1 charge count., etc..

However, what I would like to know and can't find any info on is Where is that count stored, in the battery or in the phantom itself. I ask because, I bought a new Phantom 4, and then bought 2 spare batteries off a friend. The batteries are good, most of the time he was flying them I was with him and the count showed correctly (at least it seemed to, though we never kept track of the precise % before each charge).

They were both at like 7-8 charge count when last they were in his Phantom, but when I stuck them in mine they both showed Zero. Have not had my Phantom long enough to drain/charge the any of the batteries enough to see if the count is correct, and don't have access to his bird right now to see what it says if I put them back in his, but wanted to see if the count going to zero if you put the battery in a new bird is normal or if its an indication of an issue?

I don't think it's a battery issue, it's more of a battery state issue. Not a bad thing either. I've had my P3S for a little over a week with 14 flights mostly ending with a little over half discharge rate and recharged after each flight. Today after last flight I charged and it said 5 charges. I don't remember how I got that reading, but I don't think you need to worry about it. It is an intelligent battery with charger and just go by what it says and fly. Anybody else disagrees just put me in my place and I will go there. Just a noob with a noob opinion.

Dang, wrong forum for me, never mind!

Well it seems yours is reporting about as expected then. But even if its off a bit its not similar to what I am experiencing.

What I am saying is I know the battery has about 7-8 charge counts on it, as thats what the other phantom it has always been used in was reporting, which also matches my expectations from our use of the battery.

But in my new bird its reporting ZERO times charged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers