Where is CE and FCC selection?

Reaction score
I was reading the manual and one option I saw was CE / FCC selection.

Where is this and what is the difference? Is it FCC for the USA and CE for Europe?

I do see that CE is 400 meters and FCC is 800 meters.

Yes, FCC is for the US and CE is for Europe.

rockhoundrob said:
I was reading the manual and one option I saw was CE / FCC selection.

Where is this and what is the difference? Is it FCC for the USA and CE for Europe?

I do see that CE is 400 meters and FCC is 800 meters.

If you turn to the right (gently) the low most pot inside back of your TX, it will set FCC, and to the left most will set CE. Use RC Assistant for check it. Don't know which TX model you have so here there area some help videos:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpG_l9wAK_0[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8-Gq1klFKY[/youtube]

You'll know if you have FCC selected as you get 2 beeps when turning the transmitter on.

Ah HA! OK if it's those "BEEPS" I need to get my son to listen (I am deaf!) lol !

So 2 beeps, its FCC... how many for CE?

Thanks ! But why 400 meters for CE and 800 for FCC? why not make ALL TX FCC so everything is 800 meters?

My son says it THREE beeps !! I have a Phantom 2 V2 . The TX is the kind that has the dial on the top left corner for gimbal control.

HOPE this still means its FCC !

rockhoundrob said:
Ah HA! OK if it's those "BEEPS" I need to get my son to listen (I am deaf!) lol !

So 2 beeps, its FCC... how many for CE?

Thanks ! But why 400 meters for CE and 800 for FCC? why not make ALL TX FCC so everything is 800 meters?
Because different countries have different limits on the amount of power you are allowed to transmit.

rockhoundrob said:
My son says it THREE beeps !! I have a Phantom 2 V2 . The TX is the kind that has the dial on the top left corner for gimbal control.

HOPE this still means its FCC !
Mine does three too, and as far as I know mine is CE, and is also a P2 V2, so these are 2.4Ghz. It could be that 5.8Ghz are 1 and 2, and 2.4 Ghz are 3 and 4.

You can only change the 5.8Ghz the 2.4Ghz cannot be changed. I never knew this until
I talked to my local Dji dealer .

Uptowndisco2 said:
You can only change the 5.8Ghz the 2.4Ghz cannot be changed. I never knew this until
I talked to my local Dji dealer .

And in the UK the CE setting limits the Tx to 25mw - which is the maximum allowed by law at that frequency.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav