where is a good pix of ALL naza flight light signals?

Reaction score
So I finally activated S2 switch in assistance, tried it out and it does work some... Could be the 20 degrees, 30 mph gusts, today messed me up some, but I had to try it out!

S2 mid position, course lock, worked as advertised. Sweet.

S2 down, home lock, made it fly some random way - maybe due to wind gusts; guess I have to retry in calmer weather.

Tried RTH again (S1 bottom), and it STILL changes slow green blinks (11 sat) to yellow, and goes who knows where! I tried this from 30 ft hi; I tried setting RTH height to 20ft, 50ft, nothing - it never changed height when I flipped S1 down. Just changed lites to yellow and went random direction. HELP!

What am I obviously doing wrong? I am scared to turn off the controller to see if loss of sig does a good RTH.... I really should be able to get a RTH from S1 down, no?

It sounds to me like you did not have a successful home lock before you took off. If you waited for all those satellites before you took off, then it should have been fine...but it seems not. This was clearly indicated by both your IOC result and your RTH result....they would both have headed off in the direction it "thought" was home, which clearly wasn't your starting point at all.

30 mph winds?! You've got guts.

I had the perfect sunlight, perfect location, perfect setup a couple days ago for a promo shoot I am doing.

Instead of putting it up in the air - I waited. In a parking lot. For 2 hours. The wind was probably gusting around 20-25 mph. Couldn't do it.

THIS is why I am searching for a COMPLETE light signal sheet!!!!!!! I just found a doc that says RTH mode fast blinks YELLOW!!!! So my green going to yellow was CORRECT!

But no where else except that one line in one doc, did I find this listed. If no one has a COMPLETE list of codes and colors, I will begin compiling it from the 17 good sources I have found so far, each with their own small subset....

Are you sure you had the bottom position of S1 set to Failsafe in the assistant? Sounds like you may have it set to ATTI. Were the lights blinking slow yellow (ATTI) or rapid yellow (control signal lost) when you switched to S1 down?

Also remember the aircraft has to be > 10m away from the home point for HL to work. And if in HL and you come to within 10m, it will autoswitch to CL and you will have reselct HL when you are back out > 10m from home point.

BlackTracer said:
Are you sure you had the bottom position of S1 set to Failsafe in the assistant? Sounds like you may have it set to ATTI. Were the lights blinking slow yellow (ATTI) or rapid yellow (control signal lost) when you switched to S1 down?

Also remember the aircraft has to be > 10m away from the home point for HL to work. And if in HL and you come to within 10m, it will autoswitch to CL and you will have reselct HL when you are back out > 10m from home point.

went out this afternoon to try my new 'start routine" and s1 down for rth.

tried my new routine of clicking radar to verify HL is correct, and cell phone home is correct. actually, HL sorta seemed to be 600ft away to start?? I had drone on ground prob 5 min at this time....

clicked settings, where is my drone, and it showed drone and a blue dot - LIKE 1 MILE AWAY! no idea what the blue dot was, but figured it was not good. walked around and blue dot clicked back to drone location!

lights seemed to be blinking FAST green/yellow during all this; of course this does not seem well documented so I had no idea what it meant. tried csc to start motors and nothing happened.... picked up drone, walked around a minute, tried again and it started props. shut off and checked radar again

picked up drone, walked around, checked radar again, drone & HL same. clicked center of radar, changing HL to cell phone, and it too was same location as drone. lights now slow green blinks so good.

btw, during all this confusion, distance on video showed 0 ft and height 12 ft....

flew and tried s2 HL and it came back nicely. flew more then tried s1 down. drone raised from my present 125ft to RTH programmed height of 176ft and came home! all the while fast blinking yellow.

I think I will never fly again without checking radar HL/cell location and settings->where is my drone to verify HL

Glad you got it worked out. Just one thing, HL refers to the home lock mode on s2. The home point is not referred to as HL. It is simply the home point. No biggie. It's just a good idea to reference them correctly so as to not cause any confusion. Isn't it great when everything works as it should?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4