Where exactly do I sand to balance prop?

Reaction score
Ok I went out and bought the balancer. Bought the sand paper, 400 and 600. How I can find the heavy side but where exactly do I sand of the heavy side? The top? The bottom? The edges? the middle? I tried googling it and couldn't find a conclusive answer. Any tips?

sand along the bottom.

however, most people find it easier to add weight then remove it.
some use tape, others use nail polish. (also along the bottom of the props).
I use AC glue with activator, = instant drying. (and then I might sand that down a bit if it's too much)

there's plenty of videos online showing how it's done.

Gizmo3000 said:
sand along the bottom.

I use AC glue with activator, = instant drying. (and then I might sand that down a bit if it's too much)

Just wanted to make sure I understand the bottom. By bottom you mean the side facing the ground when it's attached to the phantom right?

easiest to just get scotch tape, cut a 1cm piece and farthest edge of prop on top attach it. its actually pretty forgiving, just keep it tight, and add small increments. sanding, glue, etc, is overkill. You'll wipe out, chew up some grass and start over. At the end of the day it's cheaper and easier to buy several sets of stock props and balance them than try to fart around over working an old tired set of chewed up blades.

yalag said:
Gizmo3000 said:
sand along the bottom.

Just wanted to make sure I understand the bottom. By bottom you mean the side facing the ground when it's attached to the phantom right?

yes,. the bottom is the part of the prop that faces the ground

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav