Where do you post your images/videos?

Reaction score
I really don't like YouTube. They compress the snot out of videos, to the point where they are almost unrecognizable.

I also understand that the FAA sometimes comes along and says "You're making money off this YouTube UVA video! Cease and desist!"

I tend to post short 720 or even 1080 clips on Dropbox and share the links with my friends and family.

However, there have been a couple of videos I'd kind of like to post here. Is there a decent alternative to YouTube?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I run a couple of web servers from my home computer, connected to the internet by blazing fast FiOS, so I can upload at ~80 MB/s. That lets me post arbitrarily large files without worrying about them being altered by commercial file servers. Here's an example video I made today flying around my heavily forested neighborhood at sunset.

http://mat99.ath.cx/drone/MarlboroSunset2.mp4

Reactions: Mark The Droner
instagram for me.. @680aerials. if people are interested ill sell them the original file of a particular shot.

I run a couple of web servers from my home computer, connected to the internet by blazing fast FiOS, so I can upload at ~80 MB/s. That lets me post arbitrarily large files without worrying about them being altered by commercial file servers. Here's an example video I made today flying around my heavily forested neighborhood at sunset.

http://mat99.ath.cx/drone/MarlboroSunset2.mp4

So you just host them from your own file server? Do you have a static IP?

Heavily forested is right!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a Mac Pro desktop. MacOS contains a web server, but you have to use Terminal to open it up. I use a dynamic DNS server (DYNdns) to achieve a link between my IP address (which Verizon changes randomly) and my URL.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20