Where do you guys source FREE music for your videos?

What type of music are you after? NoCopyrightSounds has some really good electronic stuff. Check 'em on YouTube/SoundCloud.

Thanks guys, just looking for some tunes to add to my videos. not sure what type yet.

It seems like most youtube clips I've watched are using copyrighted music. I wonder how those don't get booted off.

Reactions: okestone
i used 'Mobys' free online store....ye request the song/tune and accept not to make cash out of it...and they give it to you.

soundimage.org is a good site for free music, got this off the dji forums.

As Mrsweep said, the YouTube management tools make it real easy to add music - you can hunt for something you like based on a number of different categories or search for a named track. You don't have to do anything other than tell it to add it to your video - you even have options for it to replace or merge with the existing audio or to adjust the start point/end points. Really neat and simple!

It seems like most youtube clips I've watched are using copyrighted music. I wonder how those don't get booted off.
Thats because YouTube shows their ads on YOUR video, and pays the copyright holder royalty $$.
I obviously have AdBlock and watch all videos ad free, and i hope everyone else does too. I dont want my videos to have random ads constantly popping up..

Where is the management tools on YouTube, I can't find it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
You can use almost all of your MP3s on your hard drive provided you're willing to give up any chance of making money with your video. Also, your viewers may be subject to a commericial (they can stop it after 4-5 secs). In rare occasions, your video will be blocked in certain countries - Germany being blocked more often than others. In very rare instances, your video will be blocked in the US, but if that happens you will get an email from youtube advising you of copyright issues.

You can check for issues in advance on specific artists and songs here: YouTube

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1