G0122577_1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 302
  • G0061426_2.jpg
    G0061426_2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 296
  • G0387478_1.jpg
    G0387478_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 298
I live in a no fly zone about a mile from a major airport so I must take a drive. I usually go about 30 minutes away to a desert area by a lake.

I usually just fly around the house since I have close to 30 acres of land to fly around on. I try to take it out when I can, but I'm really waiting on the weather to warm up before going on a bunch of adventures. I just hope gas prices stay low so I can do a lot of traveling.

I have to say that I feel even worse now. And, there ARE beautiful areas in Amarica! I would settle for an open field with some trees around. The town, that I now live in is one square mile in size! Houses, private property in every direction.

A very little used airport is probably 3 miles away. No control tower and usually even the radio isn't manned. More planes fly there for skydiving, than anything else. My late father started Sky Diving here and this spring, a road near the airport will be named for him.

When I learned to fly there, in a J3 Cub, tail dragger, there was only one grass strip. Dad taught me and later on, he would remove his stick, from the back seat and then he would put it in the luggage compartment while I took off and landed, over and over. He taught me aerobatics, which I loved.

I flew before I walked and I loved the weightless feeling! We progressed to a Cessna, then to a Luscom. Not sure about the spelling. I want to say it was an 8E. Anyway, nothing compared to the tail dragger! A fabric plane and the typical yellow color. A perfect landing, meant stalling the plane at the moment your wheels touched down! We did SO many touch and goes!

Sorry, for going down memory lane!

I enjoyed reading as you strolled down memory lane.
And yes, there are some beautiful spots here in the US! Someone on this forum recently posted a compilation of their travels this past year - and the shots of Kentucky, Tennessee, and I believe parts of your state were just incredible!

GoodnNuff said:
And yes, there are some beautiful spots here in the US! Someone on this forum recently posted a compilation of their travels this past year - and the shots of Kentucky, Tennessee, and I believe parts of your state were just incredible!

Thank you. I must ask do you have a link?

There's a field about 5 minutes away, I go there in the morning after work. You get a few dog walkers and a few school kids but pretty much its mine while Im there :)

BTW, very nice pictures lake_flyer!!

PhantomFanatic said:
GoodnNuff said:

Thank you. I must ask do you have a link?

No, unfortunately I don't, nor do I remember who it was. They also had footage of Puerto Rico on the video (Costa Rica?), I believe...
Maybe they will recognize my description and step forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers