Where do you fly?

Reaction score
I live in a small town in the south eastern US. I ran out of ideas pretty quick for places to take my phantom around here. Where do you guys fly?

I live in a small town in the south eastern US. I ran out of ideas pretty quick for places to take my phantom around here. Where do you guys fly?
Yeh i like that at moment . 22km to coast ,2km to harbour,big parks and reserves here,but flown them all,but still cool as,avitar pic shows my area,just go from hill to hill and inbetween,:)

I live in Aurora, Illinois, a far western suburb or Chicago and we have a river running through the middle of town. They have done a great job of keeping the city from screwing up the scenery along the river which makes for some great video. The river is great outside of the city too.

So if you have any kind of a river or stream anywhere near you, go for it.

I have been shooting sunsets. Always changing. Today it was clouds in the valley below me. DJI_0002n.jpg Show us some close ups of gators.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tazz5
I live in Aurora, Illinois, a far western suburb or Chicago and we have a river running through the middle of town. They have done a great job of keeping the city from screwing up the scenery along the river which makes for some great video. The river is great outside of the city too.

So if you have any kind of a river or stream anywhere near you, go for it.

There is a small river and a couple streams I will try out, thanks for the advice.

I live in Northeastern Tennessee. 30 minute drive to 2 other states, an hour drive for 2 other states....dont think I'll run out of places to fly and film anytime soon. And, places you've already filmed will always offer the shot you didn't get the last time you were there, or that difference in lighting the last time you were there, or that difference in season than the last time you were there, etc.

Far out in the Arizona desert. Getting hot here now which caused my iPad to quit the other day. Well, started malfunctioning. Bird was fine.
vlcsnap-00004.png

I also live on the coast (St Simons Is GA) and enjoy spotting schools of fish offshore and alligators laying in the marsh inland. I have video, but don't know how to post it.

I live in the little finger area of Michigan. Many, Many beautiful Lakes, rivers, forest & points of interest to film in my area & all over the state. I have only done a few so far, but I have many planned, and Many more that I haven't planned yet.

Keep in mind that what you see as plain and ordinary other people will be interested in.
I see seaweed and water others see a spectacular landscape. Seeing other parts of the world is awesome.

I'm in Ohio so mostly farmlands, rivers and such (when I'm not spooking my neighborhood) :)

I sometimes have the same problem. Just a suggestion from my days in photography. When you don't see anything big that's interesting, look at things smaller and closer. An interesting building, a wall, a grove of trees or bushes. Look for ways that you can look at them from a different perspective because of the versatility of this aerial platform. Do interesting "reveals" and look for interesting lighting. The most important part is to go out and fly and just shoot, trying new things. It will enhance your skills as a pilot and develop your creative eye.

I sometimes have the same problem. Just a suggestion from my days in photography. When you don't see anything big that's interesting, look at things smaller and closer. An interesting building, a wall, a grove of trees or bushes. Look for ways that you can look at them from a different perspective because of the versatility of this aerial platform. Do interesting "reveals" and look for interesting lighting. The most important part is to go out and fly and just shoot, trying new things. It will enhance your skills as a pilot and develop your creative eye.
You're right, as I fly I sometimes reveal things by surprise, even on a routine flight I've done many times.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20