Where do you charge your battery

lol, thank you grammar nazi. :D

couldn't help it :) actually reminded me of an episode of "The Office" where almost that exact phrase was used....

Reactions: jlo
1%!

So there may be/have been 5000 - 10000 LiPo fires caused by P2 batteries under normal, advised charging methods?

1%!

So there may be/have been 5000 - 10000 LiPo fires caused by P2 batteries under normal, advised charging methods?

no you're right... I meant .01%

As I have all wood floors I charge mine on a insulated oven cookie sheet, got it at thrift store for $1, 9"x12" works just fine. I did have a copter li-po overheat and melt, didn't burst into flames but was **** hot.

Ordered the bag. Also now I understand why the lipos should be discharged before airline travel.

Reactions: jlo
lol, thank you grammar nazi. :D
Sorry, but if you confuse infer and imply, you deserve to get picked up for it. Oh and by the way "Nazi" starts with a capital letter. :D

The instructions on the battery say 'ALWAYS charge in a fireproof location'. The manual says 'Do NOT charge the battery near flammable materials or on flammable surfaces such as carpet or wood'.

Welcome to the party Makawao, enjoy the show... :)

Here is something for you to hang on to. It works well, please try it.
This will help you find things here. It's Google Custom Search for just our forum.
Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Where do I charge mine?
On a metal tool box, next to metal, on my porch where I can hear small explosions or stuff making funny sounds, while the chargers are plugged into a power strip with a circuit breaker, under a smoke detector... whew, that was a mouthful. And then I put them in an Ammo Box.

Go here, work your way to the bottom of the page and click on the button which says "FIRE" :)
http://www.wynotweb.com/LiPo_Charging.html

Have a nice FLIGHT

yeah I agree... but just doing a quick google search I found two incidents at least that involved P2 batteries (and one instance where a guy deliberately started a fire by hammering a nail through a bad P2 battery.... so I am still thinking 1% might be pretty likely....

I've been doing this for a lot shorter period of time than many of the posters here. I like the advice about respecting, not fearing the LiPo battery. Thus far, I have yet to see any problems with LiPo batts. The only episode I have seen was a guy taking a sledge hammer to a LiPo that he had deemed "unworthy." It took about three whacks before the thing went off like a Roman Candle.

Personally, I think a greater risk is one that many users might not have thought about. I live in central Florida (Leesburg for those who really care LOL!) and right out in the bright sunshine it's hot - for about eight months out of the year. Leave one of those LiPos out in the sun for a bit and you'll probably regret it.

And when your LiPo swells like it's going to explode - get rid of it. Locally, Best Buy has a recycling bin. This is definitely the thing you do NOT want to just throw into the trash when you figure one of them has gone bad.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Welcome to the party Makawao, enjoy the show... :)

Here is something for you to hang on to. It works well, please try it.
This will help you find things here. It's Google Custom Search for just our forum.
Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Where do I charge mine?
On a metal tool box, next to metal, on my porch where I can hear small explosions or stuff making funny sounds, while the chargers are plugged into a power strip with a circuit breaker, under a smoke detector... whew, that was a mouthful. And then I put them in an Ammo Box.

Go here, work your way to the bottom of the page and click on the button which says "FIRE" :)
http://www.wynotweb.com/LiPo_Charging.html

Have a nice FLIGHT

I think what a lot of people do is a bit overboard. If it makes them feel good... Not to mention, "better safe than sorry."

I do like the ammo box idea for the storage.

I charge mine in bed with me. It keeps me warm on cold nights.

Last edited:
Sorry, but if you confuse infer and imply, you deserve to get picked up for it. Oh and by the way "Nazi" starts with a capital letter. :D

Read my post three up from your post I quoted. Thanks. ;)

edit: BTW, Sorry I offended your nazi sensibilities by not capitalizing nazi, nazi. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Hughie

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl