where do we get screws?

Reaction score
Flying the bird today I noticed the camera was just dangling. Apparently the two screws that hold the camera mount onto the dampening unit had worked loose.
Neither of my local hardware stores carry the screws.
So where do we get them from?

I think what might be a better way is to have a slip in locking device. Then a clamp to keep it locked in.

Suwaneeguy said:
Flying the bird today I noticed the camera was just dangling. Apparently the two screws that hold the camera mount onto the dampening unit had worked loose.

I think what might be a better way is to have a slip in locking device. Then a clamp to keep it locked in.

Mine came without enough screws to assemble. I took my father in laws advise and removed the screws from an old computer monitor and keyboard. These fit perfectly.

Suwaneeguy said:

I bought like 5 extra sets of screws from Heli-Pal. I am sure I will never need that many, but I got them, just in case.

They are METRIC screw which represent by Md x l where d = diameter and l = length
If you buy the screw pack part, you will get:

Includes:
(12) M1.6 x 4.0
(05) M1.6 x 4.5
(18) M1.6 x 6.0
(04) M2.0 x 4.5
(08) M2.0 x 6.5
(05) M2.0 x 8.0
(14) M2.5 x 5.0
(14) M3.0 x 6.5
(20) M3.0 x 8.0

The camera mount ones are M3.0 x 8.0 ;)

I don"t know your location ? But i replaced mine with fully threaded bolts with nuts to prevent them vibrating loose....as easily I didn"t want £600 worth of gear hanging off 2 small studs that can potentially unscrew. Plus i"d had a crash :roll: :oops: so i wanted to replace them in case of hairline cracks/fatigue in the studs ;)

As i"m in the UK i bought a small plastic box containing 2mm/2.5mm/3mm & 4mm nuts & fully threaded bolts for £4 from Maplins.

But there are lots of sellers on Ebay selling assorted or packs of 20 etc same size for nominal amount, and in Stainless steel as well which are corrosion resistant and stronger than normal mild steel. Just cut to exact length required....unless you want the ones with a shoulder on then £6 for the full kit from a DJI seller :D

ian

I also sourced screws from many places- ebay has some good vendors. I needed longer screws for some of my mods- found them in hex head and all lengths- I now have a bunch as they are very cheap when bought in larger paks. I liked not having to root through bins at the megplex hardware chain... I had to wait, but I live in rural America so mail order is not an issue for me. My work bench is now loaded... I never sweat loosing a screw- always a replacement handy. Basically I compensate for bad eyes and laziness... and it hurts to bend over and search the ground for stuff anymore.

Ditto what you said ;)

With age getting affecting my eyes now i find the best way to locate missing parts for me these days is by using my DYSON :lol: (Other vacuum cleaners are available ;)

Plus half of these cheap Chinese Fasteners DJI use are not even metallic so you even lose them off a Magnetic Tool.

I just wish i could see my P2"s at the same distance that i can see good looking Women :D

Ian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav