Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Where do I buy my Pahntom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ericf, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Ericf

Hey everyone, (Sorry if this has been discussed...I couldn't find it)
    Where should I purchase my Phantom 2? I have heard that DJI's customer service leaves something to be desired and I want to know what retailer has the best reputation for service on the Phantom. Thanks in advance for any helpful info!

2. hunch

what are you looking to get?
    new or used?
    FPV system?

i have several on the shelf right now.
    let me know.

3. SteveMann

I am certain that most DJI dealers really will work with you until you are pleased with your purchase. If you say where you're at it may help to find a DJI dealer near you. My personal favorite is where I bought mine (of course), dronefly.com. To say they went above and beyond expected customer service is an understatement.

4. PhantomPhreak

I would consider UAV-Outlet. (post above) They have the new version of the P2 w/H3-3D for $100 off at $859. I am looking to get a 2nd P2 and I missed the intro $829 price a few weeks ago.

5. CallMeAlan

It would be a good start if you'd said where you're located.

6. Ericf

Great! I am impressed they commented on this post as well. I am located in Idaho....Didn't even think to mention that :? I am looking for the Phantom 2 Version 2 with the Zenmuse. I have my own FPV gear and want to use my gopro 3 for the camera. Thanks for all of the help!

7. ifinallygota21v

BH camera has some good deals

8. Idbird

:D
    Hi Eric,
    Welcome to the forum. I'm in Idaho as well, maybe meet up and fly sometime!
    You'll be able to PM after being on here for awhile. I use B&H for my P2V + and Zeiss Cinemizers. I've had no problems with my gear, but I don't think B&H services Phantoms. Many pilots on here do their own sorting and repairs. There are some others on here that do repairs.
    Best wishes to you!

9. Ericf

That would be great! Most RC people around here are into cars and trucks. Not a lot of pilots. (or you have to join the club full of people who think multi-rotor and/or foam is an abomination) :lol: I am in Coeur d' Alene (north Idaho). Thanks for the info on B&H. I have purchased some things from them already and they seem to be on it. I wasn't having much luck finding the Phantom 2 version 2 on their site. I can find the 2 version 1. That brings me to my next question.... I have heard that the connection to the gorpo on the version 2 is flimsy and breaks, where as the version one used a different jack in the gopro and the connection was much better. I don't think this is worth taking a step back to version 1, is it?

10. Ericf

I pulled the trigger! Phantom 2 with H3-3D and mini-osd from UAV-Outlet, on it's way to me!! :D