Where do I begin.... PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Okay fellas. Before I start I'm going to try and be as descriptive as possible.

1.)well it's mid winter now in Canada and last time I flew was back in warmer conditions. Not once have I flown the drone since.

2.) I connected to my new phone just to see if the DJI GO app would be compatible with it, no problems connecting to the drones WiFi network but I get an array of updates available message (battery/gimbal/drone) so I begin to initiate the update.

Here's where things get interesting.....

I start the update VIA DJI GO app and all is well up until around 50%. I get an update failed message and it prompts me to restart the drone.

Following instructions upon powering the drone back up I get the doomsday alarm. BEEP BEEP BEEP so loud it was tough being in the same room as the drone.

So I turn off and turn back on but the alarm is still there on power up. So I re connect the WiFi, throw on ear plugs and away I went with the update.

Update was a success! The alarm gave out around 75% and it was smooth sailing there until....

I go to touch the gimbal and it's hot.. I mean really hot. Too hot to even touch.

My question to the community is... Is my gimbal on its way out!?, anyone else had this issue or complaint? The gimbal was surprisingly hot that it got my attention. No electronic component of any kind should be that hot??

Thanks for the read guys and let me know what you think!

The gimbal always gets hot when running the Phantom without the props on. If you point a fan at it, that should help keep it cool.

Do you have the gimbal holder in place? Looks like the gimbal is trying to move, is restricted and the motor is loading up trying to overcome the resistance.

No gimbal holder in place but it does make sense that it will get hot with no props on I guess, I was quite surprised on how hot the metal around the gimbal was

I have a tiny 4" fan I put right next to it. The camera will get hot in use but in the air the props and fresh air help to cool it. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20