Where Did The Unofficial Vision App Thread Go??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly because I have "donation" link it should belong in the Classifieds section. I had removed the link from the OP but added it "outside" within my signature.

I have voiced my complaint that this implies my mod is for sale, or that I am "asking" for money. Neither are true, I have released this only for fellow enthusiasts who like me wanted the limits removed for their own use. I had added a PayPal link after multiple requests and I was very grateful for the warm response from the community. I feel that the thread being in the Classifieds section is both irrelevant for users and also insinuating that I am doing this for money, which I am not. So if the mods feel that this is an issue I will have to respectfully remove my post as I don't want it to seem like I'm asking for money and I also feel like I'm being bullied into removing a harmless donation link. It's really not a big deal so not sure why I'm being "modded".

Your (ilovecoffe's) stance makes perfect sense to me. Classified section does seem to not really fit your intent at all and everyone would probably be better served having it back in the phantom vision + section. Hopefully it will be restored.

Doug Fletcher

dbfletcher said:
Your (ilovecoffe's) stance makes perfect sense to me. Classified section does seem to not really fit your intent at all and everyone would probably be better served having it back in the phantom vision + section. Hopefully it will be restored.

Doug Fletcher

Ditto what Doug said. I've been reading this thread from day one and I know you never asked for money. I did contribute, months ago, but only after many users wanted to send you a little something for your hard work so you finally put up a PayPal link.

Whoever did this, please restore this thread to the P2V+ group where it is easily accessible for those of us that only read that particular group.

ilovecoffee said:
Supposedly because I have "donation" link it should belong in the Classifieds section. I had removed the link from the OP but added it "outside" within my signature.

I have voiced my complaint that this implies my mod is for sale, or that I am "asking" for money. Neither are true, I have released this only for fellow enthusiasts who like me wanted the limits removed for their own use. I had added a PayPal link after multiple requests and I was very grateful for the warm response from the community. I feel that the thread being in the Classifieds section is both irrelevant for users and also insinuating that I am doing this for money, which I am not. So if the mods feel that this is an issue I will have to respectfully remove my post as I don't want it to seem like I'm asking for money and I also feel like I'm being bullied into removing a harmless donation link. It's really not a big deal so not sure why I'm being "modded".

Big Bob, don't take it personal. One thing is for sure, the mod's are treating everyone the same and not showing any favoritism. I have noticed others have had similar threads moved to the forum. I own my own website like this one and I can say that in the business side this site has let it's members get away with a lot. The last website of mine that I sold I made $90k a year from it and that was mostly from sponsors that paid to promote their products and business.

At any rate, maybe you can just remove the donate link from plain view, or see if you place it somewhere else in your profile? Your thread belongs in the vPlus forum so myself and others can remain updated.

flyNfrank is absolutely correct. We treat everyone equally and there is no vendetta out for any members. He is also correct in stating that the owner, (Adam), has let many members get away with a lot of things that would never be allowed in most forums, especially one of this size. While we agree the thread was better served where it was, the thread has only changed location, not content, it is still available to all. We did not want the thread moved to the "classifieds' area it only seemed fair as ilovecoffee has a method to pay him whether it be for the sale of something, or just because members feel like giving him a few bucks. The bottom line is there is a method to accept donations/payments in his signature clearly asking for money. If the donation link was not there the thread would be where it was, and it is possible that could be achieved. There was a considerable amount of though put into this decision as the mods will confer on certain actions such as this one. Members could easily send him donations without the link via PM's to get the PP info if they so desired.

Above all, please respect the mod's decisions as we try to do what is best for the forum as a whole. We work for free trying to keep the forum spam free, civil, uncluttered, and organized. I spend many hours every week here moderating for the love of the hobby and to help others enjoy it as much as I do. Im sure the other mods have similar feelings like mine.

One more tip - if you look in the bottom left corner of a thread you like you'll see a 'subscribe' button. Click it and subscribe to the thread so when new comments are made you are notified.

I will be locking this thread. Ilovecoffee please PM a mod if further assistance is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20