Where can I replace the anti drop pins? H3-D3

Reaction score
I am a newb and have assembled the Zenmuse H3-D3 on the PHantom 2.
I want to take it back off. I am pretty sure that I will break those clear plastic anti drop pins or the plastic washers when I do it.
I am trying to find replacements for them, or what to do to replace them, BEFORE I break them and make the gimbal unusable. Helipal does not have any replacement parts for the H3-d3 on their site yet.
Thank in advance for your help.
Robert

pixmanlajunta said:
I want to take it back off. I am pretty sure that I will break those clear plastic anti drop pins or the plastic washers when I do it.
I am trying to find replacements for them, or what to do to replace them, BEFORE I break them and make the gimbal unusable. Helipal does not have any replacement parts for the H3-d3 on their site yet.
Robert

I've come across posts where people are suggesting using loosely secured zip ties as a replacement. I'm still waiting for my Phantom to arrive so I'm not exactly an expert but I think I'd prefer to rely on a couple of zip ties rather than those little plastic pins.

pixmanlajunta said:
Robert

Don't bother, small zip ties is all that is needed

neoneo said:
are we supposed to put the other 2 anti drop pins in when we get our p2v+ or use them for spares and fly with just the two that are come assembled?

You can but like I said before its a very stupid design. Its very very hard to get the pins off without breaking them. Do yourself a favor and use a small zip tie, dental floss, fishing line etc...

FASTFJR said:
If you have your heart set on replacement drop pins here you go.......

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/zenmuse-h3-2 ... -only.html

Thats right........38 BUCKS :lol:

I agree with the others. Save yourself $37.95 and use zip ties. I cut the anti drop pins off my P2 H3-3D because the rear one stops the gimbal rotating. Really dumb design imho. I cut them off and put loose zip ties.

Another vote for small cable-ties. Just don't pull them tight and, of course, be sure to snip off all the excess.

As far as I can see, the pins are there purely as a 'safety net' to stop the gimbal from becoming completely detached from the Phantom in case any or all of those rubber shock absorbers breaks loose - an unlikely event but you never know.

The pins are impossible to remove and have to be snipped off. I know this because I used them when I first fitted the gimbal but then had to remove it again to put some washers between the gimbal and the underside of the Phantom http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12870&start=10#p123290

nzvideoguys said:
FASTFJR said:

I agree with the others. Save yourself $37.95 and use zip ties. I cut the anti drop pins off my P2 H3-3D because the rear one stops the gimbal rotating. Really dumb design imho. I cut them off and put loose zip ties.

FYI
If the rear one stop the gimbal from rotating you had them installed at the wrong corners. Don't worry I did the same thing…then I looked at how they should be installed :oops:

FASTFJR said:
nzvideoguys said:
FASTFJR said:

FYI
If the rear one stop the gimbal from rotating you had them installed at the wrong corners. Don't worry I did the same thing…then I looked at how they should be installed :oops:

I watched the DJI video and it shows the pins being inserted in the front left and rear right of the gimbal. The rear right corner, or left for that matter, will cause a collision with the gimbal. The only way to prevent this would be to put two pins in the front and none in the rear. Zip ties are far better, lighter, cheaper and much morer intelligenter as well. ;-)

i took a small screw driver and very carefully opened up the stopper on the tie and pulled the back one off. The one in the front is still on and un touched. I'm going to zip tie the the other front. i don't see hoe people are zip tiring the back part of the gimbal. it sets flush with the phantoms body. the frond hang off a bit and are accessible but not in the back. i believe you can only zip tie the two fronts...
1 plastic oem tie. 1 zip tie
well see how it holds up. not flying my H3-3D until i get a little more practice :shock:

Kelso Kubat said:
i took a small screw driver and very carefully opened up the stopper on the tie and pulled the back one off. The one in the front is still on and un touched. I'm going to zip tie the the other front. i don't see hoe people are zip tiring the back part of the gimbal. it sets flush with the phantoms body. the frond hang off a bit and are accessible but not in the back. i believe you can only zip tie the two fronts...
1 plastic oem tie. 1 zip tie
well see how it holds up. not flying my H3-3D until i get a little more practice :shock:

You only need ONE zip tie, don't go nuts putting on anymore

Hi Guys...

I'm new to this forum and new to this hobby. Loving every moment of it, however, I'm having this issue. Instead of opening another thread I thought I'd post my photos related to my problems on the H3-3D Gimbal.

In the photo you'll see that one of the white rubber anti-vibration things flew away in mid-air. Have you guys installed the anti-drop pins on all four of these things or only diagonally as mentioned by DJI? Also, is there a problem in putting anti-drop pins or zip ties on all four of these things?

Really stupid design I must admit. How does something fly off in mid-air with a design like this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 6.57.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 6.57.55 PM.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 736
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 6.57.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 6.57.43 PM.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 701
yea I fixed the right one since i caught that as well. All of them were fixed properly. Strange...wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

You know, I don't think the clear plastic retainers can be a Zen muse exclusive. They MUST be available somewhere in a huge sack for a few pennies, if only we knew what to Google for...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4