Where can I get a new antenna board?

Reaction score
Well black goo of death won so now I need a new antenna board. Does anyone know where I can get one?

I scrapped that goo for over an hour. Had most of it gone. The issue was that it was on the inside of both connectors. So both of the connectors tore off board. Don't think it could come off any other way. Sucks.

I'm rather partial to Ebay, myself. But there are lots of dealers. What country are you in?

Btw, someone with appropriate skills can repair your board.

CityZen said:
I'm rather partial to Ebay, myself. But there are lots of dealers. What country are you in?

Btw, someone with appropriate skills can repair your board.

Got any suggestion for those with "appropriate skills", just buggered up mine....as well.

Well, it's just a matter of some very fine soldering. This is what you're dealing with:
WIFI%20CONNECOR.jpg

Just two solder connections: ground and signal.

Objects in the picture maybe closer than they appear.....;)

...is it really that easy? Well what do I have to lose....

I was having the same issue and spoke with Tony today who told me someone on Ebay was selling the receiver board with the "Black" glue removed from the board. Here is the ebay link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221652342662

I picked up one for They are $80 plus $5.95 for shipping. ;) I wished I know this before I distroyed two reciever boards :evil: The board is twice as much as the stock replacement board but if the picture are true they are clean and they come with a set of pigtail cables!! :D

Hope this helps..............

A followup, I pulled a connector off the replacement board. So I am going the path recommended by CityZen. $1.25 a piece shipped, bought 10 for additional screw ups...and to attempt to replace same on the original board as well. If this doesn't work, I'll go the ebay route....

Mouser P/N 798-U.FL-R-SMT01

I do have several customers that have 1st class electronics people in house. May cost me a cup of coffee and doughnut, but I'm fairly sure this will be an easy fix for them.

Another followup... Messed up 5 of the u.fl smt connectors. Most of the mistakes were from me learning to work on such a small item, got old eyes... Hot air is your friend for smt components, as is acetone for cleaning off the conformal coating. I'm happy to report that the repair was a success for the limited range I have been able to fly over the last two weekends of about 600'.

CityZen I appreciate you suggesting the attempt. I learned a lot from the process and was able to add tools and experiences to understand the soldering process far beyond what I knew previously.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj