Where can I get a Gimbal DRIVER PITCH V2????

Reaction score
My Phantom Vision + crashed and I had to replace the shell and a motor.. Camera and Gimbal looked untouched- She flew just fine, but on the 2nd flight since the new shell and motor swap, the camera was cocked to the left. It didn't work itself out, even when I tried the suggested "nudge" method, to help it correct itself- No dice. Opened the back plate of the Gimbal to re-align the horizon sensor, put it back together and it was fine again, but cocked to the side again. Opened it back up, saw a YouTube video where a guy put a dab of superglue to hold the horizon in place- but I think I dabbed the wrong part. I applied it directly to the DRIVER PITCH control chip, where the plastic half-moon thing is. Bad idea, now the gimbal won't compensate on the roll, only the pitch. Cotton swabbed acetone to try and remove the super glue, but there must be a tiny bit INSIDE if the plastic half-moon because it has a bit of tension. The half-moon hole won't freely rotate within the plastic housing without a little help. I think I may need to replace the DRIVER PITCH V2, but I can't find one anywhere!! ANY THOUGHTS?? S.O.S.!!

Could I soak the chip in acetone to break up the last bit of super glue that may be inside? Will that damage the components on the circuit board? I don't want to have to pay $700 for a new cam / gimbal, because that sucks, (A) and because my camera is fine and the gimbal is fine besides the chip. (B) Please leave comments, thoughts, ideas, or solutions as I need to get my Quad pal back up and healthy. Thanks....!!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,808
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 2,035
The plastic half moon piece there is a Potentiometer, it's the same for all of the driver boards on the H3-3D, so one from any of them would work as a replacement, if you're pretty decent at SMT rework that is.

Don't soak the thing in acetone, that stuff will straight up ruin some plastics. If there is even any super glue inside the potentiometer there then it's pretty much ruined. The wiper and carbon trace in there are very fragile and removing super glue from them rarely ends up well.

This is an H3-3D Roll driver Potentiometer taken apart so you can see what's inside there. This one is shot as the crash completely ruined the whole board and it also cracked the Potentiometer making it useless.

If you're in the US and don't have any luck finding a replacement PM me.

I'm confused, perhaps you can straighten me up. Couple of questions. Why is the board that controls the roll of the camera called the pitch board? Where can I find all the boards contained in the Gimbal? I am particularly interested in the main board and pitch board. That is the board which controls the camera looking down and straight ahead. To clarify further the board which apparently receives a signal from the smart phone app to pitch the camera.

I hope I haven't made it more confusing.

thanks

Pitch is forward/backward, Roll is Left/Right. My pic is from an H3-3D whereas the OP is talking about the Vision camera. They are named correctly here as the above 2 boards are from different gimbals in different spots, OP is Roll and mine is Pitch, they just happen to be the same board as far as the hardware goes.

You'll have to get yourself a damaged camera for parts, or waste your time trying to pry them from DJI. There are some members on here that do board swap repairs as well that might have, or can get what you're needing, hunch for example, one of them may be able to help you out there.

If your still looking for the pitch/roll board I saw one or the other posted for sell on Hani's website. Don't have it off hand but its available in several places on this forum. Good luck, I've been going through similar challenges trying to repair this beast!

EMCISME said:
If your still looking for the pitch/roll board I saw one or the other posted for sell on Hani's website. Don't have it off hand but its available in several places on this forum. Good luck, I've been going through similar challenges trying to repair this beast!

thanks....are your problems gimbal related? I'll look for his site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic