Where can i fly my drone? Charlotte, NC

Reaction score
I am in Charlotte, NC

5 miles radius of an airport or helipad - Call Towers for permission to fly
Fly over people - No no
National Parks - No no
State Parks - No no

Called the Charlotte Park office and spoke to Park Superintendent if I can fly in community parks when there is no people around. Big "No no"

Where the hell can I fly my drone then???

How come everyone are able to fly???

I am in Charlotte, NC

5 miles radius of an airport or helipad - Call Towers for permission to fly
Fly over people - No no
National Parks - No no
State Parks - No no

Called the Charlotte Park office and spoke to Park Superintendent if I can fly in community parks when there is no people around. Big "No no"

Where the hell can I fly my drone then???

How come everyone are able to fly???
Hi welcome to no fly zones,,,,yeh pretty suc,i still fly most places but always bit more careful,,,,your mistake was u didnt take superintendent some donuts:) hope u find somewhere to fly,,all the best :rolleyes:

I just got my drone too and have flown in Mallard Creek Community Park and Flowe Park. I am planning to fly near Mountain Island Lake soon. From what I understand the rules of where you can fly are set by the FAA and not the park superintendent.

Maybe down load,, air maps too,,it will show you the nfz around airports. Work quite well,

I just got my drone too and have flown in Mallard Creek Community Park and Flowe Park. I am planning to fly near Mountain Island Lake soon. From what I understand the rules of where you can fly are set by the FAA and not the park superintendent.

Did you come across any police officers or park officers while you were flying there?

Great. I will also try that place. I play badminton there in the indoor recreation center. Thank you so much Dora.

There is also a meetup (I haven't joined yet) that flies at the old Charlotte Knights Stadium in Fort Mill. It's on my list to try out

There is also a meetup (I haven't joined yet) that flies at the old Charlotte Knights Stadium in Fort Mill. It's on my list to try out

I am on that group and I even went yesterday. That's a great open space to fly along with a great group of folks. It's fun to fly there. I practice there.

I am on that group and I even went yesterday. That's a great open space to fly along with a great group of folks. It's fun to fly there. I practice there.

Hi - can you please send me the link to join the group that meets at old Charlotte Knights stadium?

If you are willing to travel a bit further South, many points along the Catawba River are quite scenic. Here is one example:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There are several publicly accessible locations along the river, mostly county or city run whose primary purpose is boat access to the river or lakes along its path. I've spoke with park managers at the Piedmont Medical Center Trail and they said no problem as long as you are flying over the river as opposed to the nearby water treatment facilities and such. There is a nice railroad trestle that crosses the river that I'd love to catch a view of when there is a train. In my opinion the river is most scenic when its flow is limited by the many dams along its path.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic