Where can I download firmware 1.08?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to activate the tilt function on my Phantom 1 - now running FW 3.04 After a lot of fiddling with it, I found out on this forum that the function doesn´t work on anything above 2.0 (WHY??) I have downloaded the Assistant version 1.08, but can´t find the firmware... The Assistant just says " please connect to the controller" and won´t let me "update" the firmware. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Kristian

If you're on a Phantom 1, you shouldn't be trying to load P2/P2V firmware.

The tilt function on a Phantom 1 works in all current firmware (3.1x to 4.02). If you are running The Naza-M V2 Assistant version 2.20, you've got firmware 4.02. Do NOT run the "Phantom Assistant" for the Phantom 2 for your P1, it won't recognize the flight controller.

What you've been reading about tilt is probably P2 limitations on the X1 channel for 3rd party gimbals, again not an issue on the P1.

What is the problem you're having with getting tilt working?

Thanks for your input. I was a little confused about the different versions. When I bought this, there was only one option. It was called the DJI Phantom ;)

I am trying to control my Tarot gimbal with the X1 channel. But so far I have not been able to activate that channel in the assistant. It says it is activated (with the choice of 50, 100, 200 and 400 hz - but no input registers in the assistant. So I have been flying with a second 35mHz controller just to get the gimbal to tilt. Not the most convenient.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

kristianschumacher said:
Thanks for your input. I was a little confused about the different versions. When I bought this, there was only one option. It was called the DJI Phantom ;)

I am trying to control my Tarot gimbal with the X1 channel. But so far I have not been able to activate that channel in the assistant. It says it is activated (with the choice of 50, 100, 200 and 400 hz - but no input registers in the assistant. So I have been flying with a second 35mHz controller just to get the gimbal to tilt. Not the most convenient.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

The refresh setting in hz doesn't make any difference that I've found.

First things first, have you connected the T pin (on the CTR row) and a ground from the tarot to the f2 and a ground on the Naza?

Hmmm. No. I thought it was just a matter of connecting the X1 to the tilt signal input on the Tarot.. Anyway - in the assistant I get signals from the four flight controls, but nothing from the X1

kristianschumacher said:
Hmmm. No. I thought it was just a matter of connecting the X1 to the tilt signal input on the Tarot.. Anyway - in the assistant I get signals from the four flight controls, but nothing from the X1

Ah. It sounds like you are connecting a pin from the tarot board to x1 on the Naza? You don't connect x1 to anything. X1 is the receiver channel getting the signal from the tx, as those signals are all sent via x2, everything else should stay empty.

You need to connect the "T" pin on the tarot control board to the F2 signal pin on the front side of the Naza.

ElGuano said:
kristianschumacher said:

Ah. It sounds like you are connecting a pin from the tarot board to x1 on the Naza? You don't connect x1 to anything. X1 is the receiver channel getting the signal from the tx, as those signals are all sent via x2, everything else should stay empty.

You need to connect the "T" pin on the tarot control board to the F2 signal pin on the front side of the Naza.

And if you have a 1.1.1, you'll also need to re-connect the lead from the receiver back in to the X1 port (assuming you're using the stock receiver)

Thanks a bunch!

I don´t have the Phantom here now - and it has been a few weeks since I opened it up so I am a bit vague on the connections. Will have another look and try to make sense of this thing :)

ElGuano said:
kristianschumacher said:

Yup. That is exactly what I have been doing. Will open it up and see if I get what you mean :)

OK. I opened it up again and my description was a bit off. I have the signal lead from the F2 port on the Naza connected to the "T" in the "CTR" connections on the Tarot. I have a cable from the main board (just where the battery connects) to power the Tarot. Do I need an additional ground connection? And if so, from where to where?

Looking at for instance this youtube video, it seems I have everything connected in the same way..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9LfceVnblQ

It seems to me like the wiring is correct - and the channel is marked as "ON" in the assistant. But no signal registers when i turn the knob in the transmitter...

The potentiometer did get a little squeezed when I first tried to attach a home made lever to it. But it seems to have all 3 connectors intact..

Not sure where I can see which version of the P1 I have, but it has the Naza that looks like this:

Attachments

• naza.jpg
    naza.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 557
OI Photography said:
And if you have a 1.1.1, you'll also need to re-connect the lead from the receiver back in to the X1 port (assuming you're using the stock receiver)

Yes, I am using the stock transmitter and receiver. My Phantom says v 1.1 My receiver has 2 three-lead connectors going to the X1 and X2 ports on the Naza (see bad photo ;) )

Attachments

• GOPR0006.jpg
    GOPR0006.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 599
kristianschumacher said:
OK. I opened it up again and my description was a bit off. I have the signal lead from the F2 port on the Naza connected to the "T" in the "CTR" connections on the Tarot. I have a cable from the main board (just where the battery connects) to power the Tarot. Do I need an additional ground connection? And if so, from where to where?

Looking at for instance this youtube video, it seems I have everything connected in the same way..

You do need a ground connection for it to work (in most cases). You ground it by connecting a pin from any of the (-) pins on the tart control board below CTR, to the the top (-) pin on the F2 port of the Naza.

ElGuano said:
kristianschumacher said:

You do need a ground connection for it to work (in most cases). You ground it by connecting a pin from any of the (-) pins on the tart control board below CTR, to the the top (-) pin on the F2 port of the Naza.

First of all: Thank you so much for taking time to advice me on this. I have tried that now: signal from F2 to T on the Tarot and negative pole on F2 to "-" on the S row. (tried the negative on P row as well - even connected both positive and negative there and realised the Tarot could be powered through that port.) Still no reaction to turning the potentiometer in the assistant or on the gimbal itself..

kristianschumacher said:
First of all: Thank you so much for taking time to advice me on this. I have tried that now: signal from F2 to T on the Tarot and negative pole on F2 to "-" on the S row. (tried the negative on P row as well - even connected both positive and negative there and realised the Tarot could be powered through that port.) Still no reaction to turning the potentiometer in the assistant or on the gimbal itself..

Oh, you should definitely see movement in the "X1" channel in Assistant when you turn the pot. We should have addressed that first. Do you have a Phantom 1 1.1.1? Does the TX have a micro-USB port at the bottom? If so, make sure you hook up the TX to RC Assistant, the firmware is fully updated, and ensure that X1 slider moves when you move the lever.

Then, in the Naza Assistant, try calibrating X1 in Basic|RC and see if the slider moves. If not, you may need to open up the TX and ensure that the gimbal lever is actually contacting with and turning the philips head on the 7th channel pot. You may also find a hidden USB port on the circuit board even if you don't have a port on the bottom of the tx--if so, you need to run RC Assistant and upgrade firmware/calibrate with the TX cover off.

The good news is it sounds like you've got the physical wiring to the Naza and Tarot down.

Thanks,

I actually opened the TX and turned the pot by hand to be sure.

My phantom says v. 1.1 on the bottom (I presume that is P1 1.1...?) I will check for a USB connection on the TX when I get home. Can´t remember seeing one though..

The Tarot is working pretty well at the moment, although with no tilt - needs a little adjustment so be perfect vibration-wise but comes out pretty good with FCPX Inertiacam. I am working on a short documentary and would like it to be perfect eventually ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1