Where are you putting your registration number?

If you use a label make and put it on the center/top of the P3, will it interfere with GPS signal???
not inless its metallic .foily type label.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452276321.429791.jpg

FAA only on one. FAA and AMA on the other. QR code gives contact info for FAA and AMA

I'm curious... all you guys bragging about licking the boots of the FAA and their clearly illegal ruling over toys and model aircraft... I just don't get it. if you absolutely feel the urge to follow this law (this is our country by the way... civil disobedience against tyranny is how this country was started), WHY would you do more than you have to? WHY would you clearly display this number if you're not required to? This just opens you to complaints and attention from the FAA.. even if you did nothing wrong. Wouldn't you rather stay as far under the radar as possible? If you fly over someone who doesn't want you there, wouldn't you rather remain anonymous than be looked up and tracked down because you clearly, and unnecessarily identified yourself as you flew by? The FAA SUGGESTED putting it INSIDE the battery compartment. C'mon guys, HIDE IT. No attention is good attention. This loving rules, registrations, laws and procedures is too much to stomach. If you feel you MUST follow their ridiculous ruling, write it on a piece of masking tape with a pen and stick it in there. Don't dignify this foolishness with one single penny more than you have to or give up any anonymity if you don't have to. Jeez...

I'm curious... all you guys bragging about licking the boots of the FAA and their clearly illegal ruling over toys and model aircraft... I just don't get it. if you absolutely feel the urge to follow this law (this is our country by the way... civil disobedience against tyranny is how this country was started), WHY would you do more than you have to? WHY would you clearly display this number if you're not required to? This just opens you to complaints and attention from the FAA.. even if you did nothing wrong. Wouldn't you rather stay as far under the radar as possible? If you fly over someone who doesn't want you there, wouldn't you rather remain anonymous than be looked up and tracked down because you clearly, and unnecessarily identified yourself as you flew by? The FAA SUGGESTED putting it INSIDE the battery compartment. C'mon guys, HIDE IT. No attention is good attention. This loving rules, registrations, laws and procedures is too much to stomach. If you feel you MUST follow their ridiculous ruling, write it on a piece of masking tape with a pen and stick it in there. Don't dignify this foolishness with one single penny more than you have to or give up any anonymity if you don't have to. Jeez...

Not everyone sees this as a grave intrusion on our civil liberties? I already had a find-me QR code on my bird -- I just updated it. What is the big deal? I am not feeling particularly oppressed by this...

Not everyone sees this as a grave intrusion on our civil liberties? I already had a find-me QR code on my bird -- I just updated it. What is the big deal? I am not feeling particularly oppressed by this...

It's more the overstep by the FAA and the drooling everyone seems to be doing to brightly display their government ID number like it's a prize. It's sickening. It's registration, tracking, identification and will ultimately be used for intimidation. Registrations for pilots today, tomorrow regs for the individual drones, then integration to the DJI app, then requiring access to location data.. There is no possible way it will end here unless WE MAKE IT END. This will all be done under the guise of security and threat of terrorism or whatever boogy man passes the most laws this year. In no possible way is this a good thing for anyone. No class was required, no training, nothing. Simply registering who you are and where you live. they don't even care if the reg is visible! Plain and simple, this is just the opening act. Best to disobey now so they back down before they have all the info they need to NOT back down. This is how liberty erodes. Drones being a important aspect of liberty or not, they chip away at it. I for one have lost enough civil liberties to budge one single inch on ANYTHING ever again.

Reactions: maxwell smart
It's more the overstep by the FAA and the drooling everyone seems to be doing to brightly display their government ID number like it's a prize. It's sickening. It's registration, tracking, identification and will ultimately be used for intimidation. Registrations for pilots today, tomorrow regs for the individual drones, then integration to the DJI app, then requiring access to location data.. There is no possible way it will end here unless WE MAKE IT END. This will all be done under the guise of security and threat of terrorism or whatever boogy man passes the most laws this year. In no possible way is this a good thing for anyone. No class was required, no training, nothing. Simply registering who you are and where you live. they don't even care if the reg is visible! Plain and simple, this is just the opening act. Best to disobey now so they back down before they have all the info they need to NOT back down. This is how liberty erodes. Drones being a important aspect of liberty or not, they chip away at it. I for one have lost enough civil liberties to budge one single inch on ANYTHING ever again.

I'm so sick of this whining about civil liberties being abridged. Your bitching does nothing to advance the hobby nor does it add anything to this forum. I'm sick of you wing nuts turning every thread into your own soapbox for anti regulation. You pal have a first world problem and are a perfect example of an over privileged whiny *** baby. Grow up and save your indignation for something that really matters. Get out on the streets and use some of your privilege to help others. Peace out!!!!

Reactions: Meta4 and flybid
kaybee1 is attacking a concept and you may or may not agree. Jeff48920 is making a personal attack and name calling. That does nothing to promote a healthy discussion.

kaybee1 is attacking a concept and you may or may not agree. Jeff48920 is making a personal attack and name calling. That does nothing to promote a healthy discussion.

Unfortunately this is a typical type of response. As much as I dislike the way you're speaking to me, I'll fight to the death for your right to do it.

I should have known not to bring up the politics of this. I broke the golden rule. Never discuss politics or religion!! :)

I'm so sick of this whining about civil liberties being abridged. Your bitching does nothing to advance the hobby nor does it add anything to this forum. I'm sick of you wing nuts turning every thread into your own soapbox for anti regulation. You pal have a first world problem and are a perfect example of an over privileged whiny *** baby. Grow up and save your indignation for something that really matters. Get out on the streets and use some of your privilege to help others. Peace out!!!!

Jeff, personal attacks aside, do you remember the 'good 'ol days' of riding in the back of a truck or getting caught stealing a piece of candy from a store and the shop owner putting the fear of God into you? How about road racing on back roads as teenagers or having fires out in the pit with buddies? Ever take a leak on the woods on the side of the highway because you just cant hold it anymore? Those good old days are gone. They're gone because of the slow erosion of what it means to be FREE. No longer can a parent decide to let their kids hop in the back of the truck to go down the beach or lap hold their baby to cross a parking. One will get you severely ticketed, the other, probably have your child taken away. Literally. Taking a piece of candy, as silly as it is, will get the police called on an eight year old, road racing will get you arrested and fires in pits will get you charged with arson and arrested for trespassing. Peeing on the highway CAN and HAS gotten people convicted of indecent exposure and sex offender registration requirements slapped on them. The common theme here is regulation. It's endless, repressive and is very quickly turning our first world in to a third world police state. It's everywhere, it's endless and it's coming in from the corners a little at a time. When you finally look back to try and figure out when it happened, there isn't anything you could possibly do about it. This hobby, this problem, this encroachment will absolutely result in the same thing. That's why I'm saying resist. Don't give in. Stand UNITED AGAINST the regulation. It is pointless from every possible position and serves no one except forces that can and will turn against you. History repeats. It might not end in genocide but conspiracy or no conspiracy, it will end in more restriction and less free society all under the guise of "if it just saves one life". To be free means to be free to make your own decisions and suffer the consequences of poor ones. Not have someone prohibit you from ever having he choice to have made that decision in the first place. Freedom isn't free and the world is a dangerous place. There is nothing we can do to completely mitigate that risk other than lock everyone up in cells for their own safety. People need to know their responsible for their actions and allowed to make their own decisions. Sometimes people will get hurt, it's a fact of life. This isn't one of those cases though and trying to enforce rules which benefit no one for no reason other than data collection is beyond any reason. Even the one that promotes safety 'at any cost'. Am I missing something? If the government said you MUST register your yellow shirts or face fines up to $250,000, would yo do that too?

Last edited:
Comments about loss of "freedoms" are not on point. The OP asked where people displayed their information. This constant hijacking of threads to make quasi political "freedom fighter" statements is ridiculous.

As to the good old days, road racing on back roads, riding in the back of a pickup truck as kids, shoplifting and having open fires HAVE ALWAYS been regulated, just not enforced.

Civil disobedience is fine if you want to, just stop implying that anyone who complies is an anti American *****.

Reactions: Meta4 and N017RW
Comments about loss of "freedoms" are not on point. The OP asked where people displayed their information. This constant hijacking of threads to make quasi political "freedom fighter" statements is ridiculous.

As to the good old days, road racing on back roads, riding in the back of a pickup truck as kids, shoplifting and having open fires HAVE ALWAYS been regulated, just not enforced.

Civil disobedience is fine if you want to, just stop implying that anyone who complies is an anti American *****.

I guess I sort of was implying that... It probably wasn't necessary. More importantly though what I was questioning was the excitement about displaying your willingness to bend over to what, at the very least, is questionably legal on the FAAs part. At worst, it's illegal. Not only are people excited about it, they're doing it early and prominently displaying it like it's a prize. Why is this? I also questioned why you'd want to expose who you are when everyone hates these drones. Like I said, it's just inviting undesirable attention. In my opinion, registration is nothing to be excited about. I just don't get the excitement to be loud and proud about this foolishness.

Here's mine if you like it is 3m vinyl reflective
Get it at doityourselflettering.com
Mention my name you just might get a discount [emoji3]
I got three for $8 usd shipped

dc348d8a1bfc2f642b2a15816edaf9a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I guess I sort of was implying that... It probably wasn't necessary. More importantly though what I was questioning was the excitement about displaying your willingness to bend over to what, at the very least, is questionably legal on the FAAs part. At worst, it's illegal. Not only are people excited about it, they're doing it early and prominently displaying it like it's a prize. Why is this? I also questioned why you'd want to expose who you are when everyone hates these drones. Like I said, it's just inviting undesirable attention. In my opinion, registration is nothing to be excited about. I just don't get the excitement to be loud and proud about this foolishness.

You are correct, your implication was unnecessary and derogatory. You have at least twenty other threads where you and others have talked ad nauseum about your views, was it really necessary to poke the bear again?

Anyway, to respectfully answer your original question for my own part, I believe that my early compliance and display of my registration number works to support the hobby. I personally have always had my contact information on my RC models. I always have flown in a responsible and safe manner given the environment in which I was flying. The media has created a belief that drone enthusiasts are slightly more dangerous and warped than ISIS. If displaying compliance with the registration mandate relieves that perception by 1%, I am doing it. By the way, you state that everyone hates these drones. Besides being hyperbole, the fact is that I have flown my Phantoms all over this country and others, I have never met a single person who wasn't enthralled with the technology and wanted to know more, let alone hated it. Sure there are exceptions like in KY, but I would bet you a new Inspire, those types are in the very small minority.

I am proud to be someone who is willing to display my compliance with even unreasonable requests and still fight in the legal arena to reverse unwarranted and unreasonable constraints. It's kind of like telling the cop you aren't getting out the of the car cause you don't believe he has the authority to make that demand. You may be right but are you interested in being dead right?

There is only one reason I see to not comply, and that is when one intends to fly in a manner that is prohibited by law or creates a dangerous situation. All the rest of the arguments (eg someone will get your number and turn you in, someone will get your address and harass your wife and kids, etc) are simply deflection and without even anecdotal evidence of being based in reality.

You are correct, your implication was unnecessary and derogatory. You have at least twenty other threads where you and others have talked ad nauseum about your views, was it really necessary to poke the bear again?

Anyway, to respectfully answer your original question for my own part, I believe that my early compliance and display of my registration number works to support the hobby. I personally have always had my contact information on my RC models. I always have flown in a responsible and safe manner given the environment in which I was flying. The media has created a belief that drone enthusiasts are slightly more dangerous and warped than ISIS. If displaying compliance with the registration mandate relieves that perception by 1%, I am doing it. By the way, you state that everyone hates these drones. Besides being hyperbole, the fact is that I have flown my Phantoms all over this country and others, I have never met a single person who wasn't enthralled with the technology and wanted to know more, let alone hated it. Sure there are exceptions like in KY, but I would bet you a new Inspire, those types are in the very small minority.

I am proud to be someone who is willing to display my compliance with even unreasonable requests and still fight in the legal arena to reverse unwarranted and unreasonable constraints. It's kind of like telling the cop you aren't getting out the of the car cause you don't believe he has the authority to make that demand. You may be right but are you interested in being dead right?

There is only one reason I see to not comply, and that is when one intends to fly in a manner that is prohibited by law or creates a dangerous situation. All the rest of the arguments (eg someone will get your number and turn you in, someone will get your address and harass your wife and kids, etc) are simply deflection and without even anecdotal evidence of being based in reality.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. I actually am that guy who will not get out of my car, consent to a search or anything else the police don't already have the authority to do. Balance of power needs to be maintained and I'm not surrendering one inch of my balance because you asked (or demanded) I do.

To quote Ghandi, First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

I'll stop hijacking this post now. I apologize to everyone for sidetracking the discussion. OPs thread wasn't the best place for this.

Reactions: Jaime Ray Vaughn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers