When Zenmuse is empty..and more questions..

Reaction score
Dear Friends,
I'm quite happy about how my Zenmuse H3-2D works, nothing to complain
BUT:
1) Not all the time we fly for making videos, some times just for....flying! If I leave the Zenmuse empty, it makes some strange noise, let's say every about 1-2 min. As if it is adjusting something, but without succeeding since there's no GoPro on and no weight, this is the feeling. Question, is it normal and I shouldn' pay to much attention to this? Or should I disconnect the gimbal? (Actually I never did this, I guess I could disconnect the wire attached to the Zenmuse....) Advices?

2) Why does the Zenmuse recharge the GoPro? A fully charged GoPro battery lasts for more that 3 fully charged Phantom batteries...I guess that recharging the GoPro decreases the Phantom battery's duration, isn't that rather silly? Is there a way to excude this feature and so avoid that the gimbal recharges the camera? I guess NO, but you're for sure much more expert than I am..
2bis) did someone check if (let's say how much) the Phantom battery's duration decreases when using Zenmuse and GoPro?

3 and last) As soon as i connect the GoPro to the gimbal, it turns on immediately, EVEN IF THE PHANTOM IS OFF. That's occourred to you too? Or it is an abnormal behaviour?

Thanks in advance
Rudel23

Do not fly your H3-2D without the camera attached. You will damage the gimbal. That is why you are getting the strange noises. The Zen does provide power to the GoPro but whether it charges it is up for debate. At the least it keeps it at the level it was before you connected it.

Tahoe Ed said:
Do not fly your H3-2D without the camera attached. You will damage the gimbal. That is why you are getting the strange noises. The Zen does provide power to the GoPro but whether it charges it is up for debate. At the least it keeps it at the level it was before you connected it.
Thanks, I think that is impossibile to remove the whole H3.2D each time I want to fly without taking videos, is a quite complicate operation...better rather to attach the GoPro anyway...thanks for having informed me about this.

So what about making a dummy block the same size and weight as go pro? Won't save weight but might save the wear and tear on camera.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It's four screws and a cable to remove the gimbal. Not exactly hard. If you're not using it, why drag it around and risk damaging it if you crash? You'll get longer flight times without the extra weight too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1