When you buy parts what's most important to you.

Reaction score
When you get new stuff for you phantom what do you think about first.
1) Price
2) location of the place you getting it from.
3) quality of the part.

Lately in my case I have made a big effort to buy items from stores in the United States.
After lost packages, a bit of poor customer service a few extra dollars to buy it from a company in the states us worth it.
Second I see a lotta props sold by companies that are knock off of real Dji ones. A bit cheaper by I just will not risk my P2
When I order from amazon I really look close to see where all parts come from after I ordered a lipo charger.
The power supply came from a company in Florida but the charger was shipped from china. Charger came 3 weeks after the power supple.

Quality is always #1 with me. I research and find out exactly what I need, specs, reviews, forums, in-store checking if need be. Then I'll hunt down the best price for that specific make/model of item, this of course includes shipping price since some places offer a great price and then double for shipping. In this day and age location doesn't matter as much unless I need it fast, in which case I'm probably paying extra anyways.

I buy my DJI brand props from a reputable dealer, until I hear of something reliably better, the slightly higher cost is worth the peace of mind :cool:

This hobby is not a cheap one for sure. Considering the amount of money that's up in the air with my phantom (and it keeps adding up!), I don't skimp on the quality. One faulty, cheap piece could ruin it all.

I could care less what country it's made in as long as the quality is top notch.

I usually research what I want, so I know the quality and cost tradeoffs I'm making. Mainly I want to get the product I've pre-selected in the time that I want it. If non-urgent, buying from Asia with 20 business day delivery is fine. If I'm trying to finish a build, I'll buy from the US at higher price.

Vendor honesty and integrity- I usually know what part I want- just not who I want to give my money to for it.
Lie or bs me once, and you have lost a customer forever, and gained a voice out here who will not hesitate to mention it should they see anyone ask about them.

I ordered all my accessories from B&H to make sure I was getting dji stuff. There's to many knock offs on amazon and eBay, it's just not worth the risk for a couple of dollars. Stick with the more well known dealers and you'll be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been lucky with my Dji stuff I used B&H to get a lotta my items my P2 came from dronefly.
So of my lil stuff came from Amazon and hobbyking. Bad bad choice.

I look for items with good feedback from fellow flyers, then shop around for the best price and check the vendor's reputation... then make the purchase with a good buyer's protection\policy. Ebay and Paypal has been pretty decent for me so far.

One vendor that I would stay away from is HobbyKing. They have plenty of stocks and decent price, but the support is NOT THERE at all. Luckily Paypal would cover my purchase, but I've wasted 2 months from the purchase and through all that HobbyKing never answered my emails at all. They didn't even reply to Paypal's dispute message.

Well, I think you'll generally get better support (and capable of caller-suported tech support) from smaller local stores than the big overseas warehouses.
Tho occasionally you do hear about issues people have had with local DJI vendors.

I"ve actually had pretty good luck with HobbyKing, both with their international and USA warehouse orders (the later is much more preferable with batteries, even if they're a bit more expensive, well worth getting many days sooner!.

Hi,
I'm from New Zealand where we don't yet have a DJI agency. Everything I buy has to come from overseas so I have had plenty of experience with different retailers around the world.

Worst without a doubt has been HobbyKing. I ordered a set of Fatshark goggles and Tx but nothing ever came. I eventually got my money back from Paypal but the customer service from this pack of monkeys was abysmal. I'll never cast a shadow in one of their stores (metaphorically) again!!

Best retailers have been ReadyMadeRC in the US, Flying Hobby in HK, Quadcopters.co.uk in England and Helipal (although these guys are at the lower end of OK).

I have a Phantom 2 and a F550, both with all the gear on them. This year I've spent around US$6,000 on copters and accessories and keep a spreadsheet of all my purchases and the vendors. I won't buy knock-off items full stop. Its would be like putting a $25 Chinese tyre on a Ferrari to save a few bucks....... Why??

Anyway, happy flying and may you have as many safe landings as take-offs!!

In the onliine chats hobbyking will tell you exactly what you want to hear. Its the actually doing something they don't do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1