When would you get new batteries ?

Reaction score
Howdy folks..

Just wondering.. when you would people get new batteries, assuming everything is all still working 100%.
I have the non v-3 p2v+ with 2312 motors and ESC 2.1.
Both my batteries have almost had 100 recharges.
The "percentage of life" says around 80% in both batteries.
Every 20 charges I discharge to 0% and charge back up, as per the DJI battery guide.

Everything still fine, all though I do get the battery "current discharge" or something like that when I lift up for like 8 seconds or more.
Some others with non v3's get the same error/warning and have done testing and determined the error is real and due to the amps being used, if I recall..
Anyways now I just don't lift up for an extended period of time, like I'll do 5 seconds, stop, 5 seconds, stop etc etc.... or just now lift up at full power..
Some v3 owners get this as well, and I suspect when v3 owners batteries get a bit old they all might get it..

Anyways back to the question.... when would you get new batteries ? The error I mentioned above doesn't phase me to much as I never get it anymore due to what I said I do.. so the reason for asking isn't related to the error :)

When does DJI recommend new batteries ? It is not mentioned in the Battery guide...
When would you get them to be on the safe side?

They are a little pricey at $200... but a new battery might be cheaper than an $1800 quad :/

I have the P1. Different bird but still use lipo batteries. I got my first Phantom in April 2014. Got another one about 2 months ago. I see now that some of my first batteries are not giving me the same flight time as the newer batteries. I guess they just lose the ability to provide the power after so many uses. For example. ...one of my newer batteries gave me almost 13 minutes with quad carrying a gps tracker. Older battery gave me about 9 minutes. They seem to charge ok. They just get weak after a bit.
I have my batteries numbered and timer on my tx. That helps keeping track of the batteries performance.

ah thanks, I haven't looked in a while!!
The second ebay link is a good one.. $130 and I have bought off that guy a heap of times.. he's very fast with delivery incase any other Aus folks looking..He sells everything too!!

300 charges... seems like a lot.. but if the manual says it. .good enough for me... my battery on 100 charges is only a baby then :]

thanks everyone.

I get same warning on two batteries. Have less than 15 charges on one & just did the total discharge on another. You are supposed to get 300 charges before it bricks out but some have said they get much less. I would start to keep a close eye on it & if you see flight times starting to be reduces. I would be careful & I wouldn't fly out over water where you might need to land really quick .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4