when will they learn????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. It's call educating the public. Take it serious all careless pilots the need to be helped. Stay away, the video is not worth someone's house or worse a pilot life trying to put out the fire.

Reactions: BigAl07
It will be just as successful as Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No!" to drugs campaign.
I remember when that came out !
Had long hair back then and folks would come up and ask me if I did drugs ?
I'd ...Just Say No...
BaHahahaaaaaaaaaaa
JK :)

They could do the opposite...
They could ask for drone pilots to help them in order to identify and map all the fire aereas and the worst points...
Bad idea? [emoji16]

just saw this on our news with this link.

On Sunday, the LA Times reported, several wayward drones forced "two fire retardant-dropping air tankers and three helicopters to abandon their efforts".

"abandon their efforts"... what a farse. More like... we can continue our mission back to the ground.. .wait for the same orders and go back up.. and receive another day's worth of overtime. yes, I've opened myself up on this one... but "abandon their efforts"????? really?

Yes, really. I'm not sure what part about this you're not getting.

Fire-fighting tankers and helos that are on missions to make their drops are grounded when drones are spotted. When UAVs interfere with firefighting operations, I take the side of the firefighters.

The attitude here in this thread is very disappointing to say the least. Lack of respect for rules, airspace and lack of team coordination will make the potential for LOSS OF LIFE very real when dealing with fire fighting aviation. If you are not in direct contact with the aircraft on scene then you are now a hazard to those aircraft as well as anyone on the ground trying to help. Also realize that the crew and aircraft are flying at their max levels so any distraction or emergency maneuver might be exactly what it takes to tip the scales to the side of disaster. When flying on the edge the last thing you need is to see an object and try to maneuver to avoid it. Low, Fast, Heavy and Stressed leaves no room for error.

If you're not part of the Active Mission and you go up you become a HUGE problem across the board. If you want to get involved go to the local organizations, meet with them, train with them and work WITH them. Then when the time comes you are part of the solution and not the problem Anything else is unacceptable. Self Dispatch is never EVER an option.

The attitude here in this thread is very disappointing to say the least. Lack of respect for rules, airspace and lack of team coordination will make the potential for LOSS OF LIFE very real when dealing with fire fighting aviation. If you are not in direct contact with the aircraft on scene then you are now a hazard to those aircraft as well as anyone on the ground trying to help. Also realize that the crew and aircraft are flying at their max levels so any distraction or emergency maneuver might be exactly what it takes to tip the scales to the side of disaster. When flying on the edge the last thing you need is to see an object and try to maneuver to avoid it. Low, Fast, Heavy and Stressed leaves no room for error.

If you're not part of the Active Mission and you go up you become a HUGE problem across the board. If you want to get involved go to the local organizations, meet with them, train with them and work WITH them. Then when the time comes you are part of the solution and not the problem Anything else is unacceptable. Self Dispatch is never EVER an option.

+1

"abandon their efforts"... what a farse. More like... we can continue our mission back to the ground.. .wait for the same orders and go back up.. and receive another day's worth of overtime. yes, I've opened myself up on this one... but "abandon their efforts"????? really?
While my house burns?
What a naive and flippant response.

Are you basing this rather cynical observation on first hand experience?

You are an odd one.

You do realize this is a public forum with limited topics?
You do realize you will run into other forum members on various topic threads, right?

It was a usenet line from 1988 or so. Nobody got it I suppose.

Are you basing this rather cynical observation on first hand experience?

Well, last summer.... in Wenatchee I was sitting behind a group of 'firefighters' who were discussing their techniques for not getting to fires fast enough by design... 'never put them out when they are an acre!... what are you crazy? We let that go a few more days and we have months of overtime... yada yada... are you a rookie or something?..." I felt barf in my mouth from that point on for them. They were not talking loud... we were just stopping over for lunch driving back from the east side.

Well, last summer.... in Wenatchee I was sitting behind a group of 'firefighters' who were discussing their techniques for not getting to fires fast enough by design... 'never put them out when they are an acre!... what are you crazy? We let that go a few more days and we have months of overtime... yada yada... are you a rookie or something?..." I felt barf in my mouth from that point on for them. They were not talking loud... we were just stopping over for lunch driving back from the east side.
I call BS on your story.

Reactions: dirkclod
More than one Aussie rural fire service volunteer as been found guilty of starting fires...to get overtime in! But in the main the guys do a difficult job fighting bush fires for days ..professionally and with dedication.

If it may be thought this is BS .....check the Aussie newspapers....a,ways some bad eggs in any game...

More than one Aussie rural fire service volunteer as been found guilty of starting fires...to get overtime in! But in the main the guys do a difficult job fighting bush fires for days ..professionally and with dedication.

If it may be thought this is BS .....check the Aussie newspapers....a,ways some bad eggs in any game...
There have been several cases where firefighters have started fires here in the States too. I have no doubt that happens.
What I doubt is the story coming from the moniker "Bryce" simply because of the source. I'll leave it at that.
But here is a clue to the fabrication. Bryce claims he was in an area of our state where wildfires are an annual problem when he overheard the firefighters talking in public about how they would let fires rage. This is a rugged back country high in the Cascade Mountains, most of it covered by the 4 million acre Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest. A huge sparsely populated area of old growth forests. Again, the National Forest area alone is 4,000,000 acres - lots of land.
Now Bryce wants us to believe that he heard this conversation:
"never put them out when they are an acre!... what are you crazy? We let that go a few more days and we have months of overtime..."
I find that pretty funny. "Wait till it grows to an acre" ??? Most fires wouldn't even be visible in that vast wilderness until they involve many acres. We've had 3 firefighters die in the past week here, and each year several firefighters die while fighting these monstrous fires. The conversation Bryce claims to have heard simply does not have a ring of truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj