When using adobe elements premiere 15

Reaction score
So adobe decided to not support 4k on the latest release, but in early vs they did have support for 4k. My questions is what video quality should be used to get the best quality from DJI and still be able to utilize adobe elements 15? It seems that the highest i can find is 1080 50fps, but even this does not match adobe's choices for video selections.

P. S. If you dont find a close match to DJI file system, it will play choppy as hell or have allsorts of distortion in the image...

I really bought this program to learn the basics and than plan to go bigger and better... So space is not a problem but i would really like to edit larger files so to be able zoom in and still hold some quality.

Any one using Adobe elements 15....please share your set up... Thanks

Reactions: trevornewkirk
I recently purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 15, for my Macbook Pro, because it does a great job at editing and processing 4K videos for my P3P. Here a couple of quick screenshots that show it supporting 4K....

Starting Project Options (incl 4K/60)

Some Export Options (incl 4K)
upload_2017-2-15_19-50-34.png

Hmmmm... Ill chexk for an update, but with mine i dont have a 4k starting project option.... But i do have it with the export.

Confirmed... No 4k starting project option on my end, and no uodated available.

Attachments

• IMG_20170215_211252.jpg
    IMG_20170215_211252.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 437
Please confirm....I have chatted with Adobe and they claim that you need to render your 4k video to something that will work with Elements 15 (like 1080p or 1080i) and do your work and than final render into 4k to regain the quality...this is so to not over load the system and avoid the choppy playback.

Has anyone done this and been happy with the quality of the production? I have built my PC to use and eddit with 4k and would think that if possible you should have that option, but than again this is not the "PRO"

I have been following this thread as I am in exactly the same position as Adjday, upgraded my old computer to one that copes with editing my rubbish footage amongst other duties. I also have a 4K monitor and use adobe premiere elements 15. I have just edited some footage taken in 4K and saved it as 4K to my PC after a lengthy rendering process. However to upload to YouTube or Facebook, there are no options to do so in 4K, rather you have the options of 1080/720 and its variants, which is fine as the amount of time to upload something like 4K would take forever, and and most people don't have 4k monitors to watch it on. I am useless at photography and editing, which is why I purchased the Adobe product and it seems to work as I mentioned above.

I'm trying to learn to do the same process as "tevek".

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Plug away at it and if the gods are smiling, you will end up with something pretty good. Your friends will be impressed by the fact you can do this from a drone or they appeared in some footage highlighting their 'good side'.

I have been following this thread as I am in exactly the same position as Adjday, upgraded my old computer to one that copes with editing my rubbish footage amongst other duties. I also have a 4K monitor and use adobe premiere elements 15. I have just edited some footage taken in 4K and saved it as 4K to my PC after a lengthy rendering process. However to upload to YouTube or Facebook, there are no options to do so in 4K, rather you have the options of 1080/720 and its variants, which is fine as the amount of time to upload something like 4K would take forever, and and most people don't have 4k monitors to watch it on. I am useless at photography and editing, which is why I purchased the Adobe product and it seems to work as I mentioned above.

So was your process the same as i stated? I. E. Take your 4k video and render it to 1080...edit and than final render into 4k? How was the final result? Were you happy with the quality? Did it look like 1080 but in a 4k format?

I ask because this process just dosnt make any sense to me.... Unless it works like Lightroom. Where it just assigned comands to the original file and you get to work with a smaller file before applying it to the 4k one.....?

So was your process the same as i stated? I. E. Take your 4k video and render it to 1080...edit and than final render into 4k? How was the final result? Were you happy with the quality? Did it look like 1080 but in a 4k format?

I ask because this process just dosnt make any sense to me.... Unless it works like Lightroom. Where it just assigned comands to the original file and you get to work with a smaller file before applying it to the 4k one.....?
I simply open up the software, drop the video clip in and edit away. I when I am happy with it, I can either save it for more editing later or export it to my PC as 4K (in this case) or export if for viewing on a broadcast platform e.g Facebook where it needs to be 1080. I can't really tell the difference on an iPad when I look at my stuff on Facebook so it's not a big deal. 4K on my monitor is at another level though.

Ok... Did an experiment. I recorded in 4k and when i uploaded the project, the staus bay shows yellow/orange and plays supper choppy (no project settings for 4k when starting). After checking the file that it is still in full 4k, i renderd it and now gives me a green bar at the top of the project file (still in full 4k) and plays with out the studder. And still allows full editing to then accept a final render.

So if you are set up for full 4k (monitor / cpu/gpu/ram) than by all means, dont miss out and use what you have. Just know that is you want to share it, not everyone has the ability to play it if your final render is in 4k.

I hope this thread has helped anyone and i know for me has helped clarify some things that Adobe couldn't!

Thanks for going to the effort of experimenting with rendering your 4K video to smaller size. Some of my expert friends say the down sampling from 4K should produce an improved video over straight 1080p. I'm anxious to see the end product off my Phantom 4 camera.
Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1