When to stop Beginner Mode

Thanks for the advice, I'm in Essex UK and near some large fields need to get in loads of practice, been watching lots of tutorials, to be honest I've been a bit put off by a lot of the people on the forum that have obviously had more experience than me ,but have had flyaways, crashes, dropping out of the sky, I'm thinking I've spent a lot of money on this should I sell it on while it's still in one piece and go back to my Nikon, as the idea was to eventually be able to use it on weddings (friends no charge)
Don't let the forums intimidate you. The number of issues reported is a very small number when you look at the total number of drones out there. Also, many issues are from people flying irresponsibly, or trying to run older firmware. There was a recent battery issue that DJI corrected in the latest firmware. Nevertheless, to protect against future battery issues, check the box in the settings that allows you to view the battery voltage on the main screen. When flying, keep an eye on the voltage and remember that if it drops to 3.5v, it will shut down the motors. This sort of thing usually only happens in very cold weather and under stress (flying at full speed), so if I'm out in sub freezing temps, I watch it and bring her home to land (slowly) if it hits 3.6 volts.

Other than that, if you fly responsibly, there's very little that can go wrong. Practice a lot in that big field and have fun!

Don't let the forums intimidate you. The number of issues reported is a very small number when you look at the total number of drones out there. Also, many issues are from people flying irresponsibly, or trying to run older firmware. There was a recent battery issue that DJI corrected in the latest firmware. Nevertheless, to protect against future battery issues, check the box in the settings that allows you to view the battery voltage on the main screen. When flying, keep an eye on the voltage and remember that if it drops to 3.5v, it will shut down the motors. This sort of thing usually only happens in very cold weather and under stress (flying at full speed), so if I'm out in sub freezing temps, I watch it and bring her home to land (slowly) if it hits 3.6 volts.

Other than that, if you fly responsibly, there's very little that can go wrong. Practice a lot in that big field and have fun!
Thanks for your advice, got the latest firmware loaded, so tomorrow, earwigo first flight :)

Reactions: Reed L and AAPhoto
yes ...
Any tips ? I believe the key is to know the surroundings so to be able to determine where on earth is the phantom

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
yes ...you must be aware of the landmarks in the vicinity ..rivers roads hills etc then you can navigate with the screen, back to within sight and sound range

And if it misbehaves you can shout at it and like most children it won't listen to you! ;)

Flights over water, particularly seawater, are the moment the training wheels are removed.
Indoor flying is another. I've gotten good at it with helicopters and toy quads but my P3P will shred the drapes among other things so I'll try the barn first. ;)
My P3P took a few bites out of the doors as it went down the hallway.. ;-)

yes ...

yes ...you must be aware of the landmarks in the vicinity ..rivers roads hills etc then you can navigate with the screen, back to within sight and sound range
One must familiarize themselves with their surroundings, much like walking into a building and knowing where the emergency exits are. Whenever I fly in a new location, I calibrate myself by spinning 360 degrees to ensure I know exactly whats obstacles are nearby and anything else that possibly could cause issues. It also helps to look at the satellite map of the area in question to ensure you're familiar with those obstacles that might be hidden behind trees, buildings, etc. Best of luck!!

When you traverse the rice cloud yet leave no trace....it will be time for you to leave Beginner Mode...

I have had four flights so far this weekend, has been awesome with some great full hd video.

The last flight being in the bush, it was so much fun.
When can I take my beginner mode off, what difference will it make to my current easy flying and video/photo shooting.What do I need to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: cuckoo's nest
Once you've moved out of Beginner Mode, you should definitely enable multiple flight mode and familiarize yourself with the difference between P mode and Atti mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj