When to stop Beginner Mode

How do you get into the flight sim then? I am obviously missing something :) I am using a Samsung S6 phone.
It's not the easiest thing to find. :)

Turn on your controller and Phantom, then open your DJI Go app. On the top right, there should be an icon that looks like a graduation cap. Tap it and it should bring you to the flight sim screen and all the user manuals.

Reactions: Frankc
My first flight was in beginners mode. That was the only time I used it. However, my initial flights have all been in wide open areas. So that made the transition easy. I don't fly in my (small) back yard.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My first flight on my P3A was indoors in my media room (I know, its all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out) and to do so, I had to turn off Beginner mode. Never looked back.

After about 6 or 8 batteries were depleted I turned it off. Stay well above the trees at first. You may not be used to not seeing it all the time.

Trust your controller and watch your altitude constantly.

Wibble is right on the money. I learned to fly RC back in the 80's and when you fly a plane you can't take your fingers off the controls and think about what you are doing. With the Phantom (and most high end drones) all you have to do if you get into trouble is relax and it will stay where it is. If you can't see it hit home. Start out in a wide open area and have fun. Relax and take your time stay out of the trees and above the ground. I learned early on that the more space you have between your bird and the ground the better. It gives you more time to correct what ever the problems is. Just have fun.

Couldn't agree more. If you get stressed you can just stop and it will sit there in the sky until you feel brave enough to carry on!

What kind of question is that. You stop when your comfortable enough to do so...

One should never be afraid to ask any questions. There is always someone with more knowledge about somethings than you. Also you will have more info on certain subjects than someone else. Its a balancing act. I have always followed that rule. Personally I always ask, if I do not know about something. It just means someone has not explained things properly, yet. Because you or I have to ask a question does not make us thicko's.

Any tips?
When you take it out of beginner mode for the first time, go in disguise
9d5c81651f4935e39d65cd4df3dc8c25.jpg

I never used beginner mode either after using it once on a practice drone, it's just not needed BUT really keep an eye on your bird the first few times until it becomes instinct.

It's not the easiest thing to find. :)

Turn on your controller and Phantom, then open your DJI Go app. On the top right, there should be an icon that looks like a graduation cap. Tap it and it should bring you to the flight sim screen and all the user manuals.
Ok. Thanks again for the info. Still cant see the Graduation Cap.
Phantom%20screen.jpg

Ok. Thanks again for the info. Still cant see the Graduation Cap.
Phantom%20screen.jpg
No problem. From your pictures, you're in "camera view". The graduation cap is on the very first screen when you turn on the app. In other words, you wouldn't enter camera view, you would click on the cap instead. :)

One thing you can do to become more comfortable is fly in the flight sim in the DJI Go app. Try all the perspectives, take it out beyond line of sight, watch the flight path on the mini map, keep track of which direction the Phantom is facing, and the effect moving the controls has on it, the breaking speed, how to quickly change directions, and practice making figure 8's until you don't have to think about it. I'm to the point where I can make figure 8's and rotate them to make something out of the flight path that looks like flower petals. That wasn't easy when I first started. When you're comfortable, take it outside in a huge field with no obstructions and try it for real, but keeping the Phantom within line of sight. After you're completely comfortable with that, then maybe take it a little further and try using the screen to help you fly/record, but while still being aware of where you're Phantom is. Most importantly, have fun!
Hi I'm a new era, Just got my p3p haven't had a chance to have a first fly, tried the simulator on my iPad mini 2, found it very difficult, is the sim over sensitive or is it like flyin the real thing

Hi I'm a new era, Just got my p3p haven't had a chance to have a first fly, tried the simulator on my iPad mini 2, found it very difficult, is the sim over sensitive or is it like flyin the real thing
I found it's like flying the real thing, but the perspective is off. Since there are no buildings or trees in the flight sim (there aren't any on the Android sim), it's difficult to judge your actual speed. At first, I found myself flying as fast as possible with the sticks pushed all the way in all directions. Once I learned to slow down, things were better.

If you find the sticks are still too sensitive, you can adjust the sensitivity in the advanced options.

I found it's like flying the real thing, but the perspective is off. Since there are no buildings or trees in the flight sim (there aren't any on the Android sim), it's difficult to judge your actual speed. At first, I found myself flying as fast as possible with the sticks pushed all the way in all directions. Once I learned to slow down, things were better.

If you find the sticks are still too sensitive, you can adjust the sensitivity in the advanced options.
Thanks for the advice, I'm in Essex UK and near some large fields need to get in loads of practice, been watching lots of tutorials, to be honest I've been a bit put off by a lot of the people on the forum that have obviously had more experience than me ,but have had flyaways, crashes, dropping out of the sky, I'm thinking I've spent a lot of money on this should I sell it on while it's still in one piece and go back to my Nikon, as the idea was to eventually be able to use it on weddings (friends no charge)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20