When to replace props ??

Reaction score
I am about to reach my 100 th flight and 15 hours or so on my Phantom 3 Pro, no incidents so far all good, should I replace the props, they dont feel as snug as they did at the beginning, how often do you replace props that look perfect ???
Thanks for the replies

Last edited:
this is a good question, if I even thought for a minute they felt different after that many flights I would just replace them. they are cheap compared to a P3 falling out of the sky.

Reactions: FotoGeek
1.7 yrs on my P2 props, no probs.

They will not self-destruct or catastrophically fail.

If they have not been chipped, scuffed, or otherwise physically traumatized they'll last years.

1.7 yrs on my P2 props, no probs.

Ya gotta fly it though No1 and you just look at yours :p
JK
I agree with No1 as I fly a lot and never had any issues cept when it kinda didn't do right and crashed :rolleyes:
Don I see what you saying too and have 5 sets of unopened props I've never used .I still have the 2 sets that came with my 'P3 In the bag .
I had 9450's opened and just put those on to start with and didn't see the different threads and hadn't had any issue's with that ether .
Course it didn't take but one time coming in hot and letting go of the sticks to see that was a no no . So now I just am easy with the sticks .

Hey Dirk, love the avatar! :)

Reactions: dirkclod
If you were to test the same brand manufactured props that were each in a different conditions, when finished you would likely replace props with new after a set number of flights. However, that only depends on what kind of expectations you have about your aircraft altogether.

The majority of the enthusiast that fly are happy with their aircraft moving in the direction they command it. Then there is a smaller enthusiast group that are more into getting everything they can out of their money spent.

I personally know a prop can bend and flex more with wear. But I base my decision to replace props on texture, any measurable warp-age, and scars for nicks or chips, ect.

they dont feel as snug as they did at the beginning
That could be a sign of damage. You should inspect them closely -- like you're probably already doing before each flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4