When the sun comes out you have to grab the chance

Reaction score
The sun came out today, just long enough to grab a couple of flights. This one takes you around a little place called Ditchling Common in Sussex UK. I had to do a little bit of navigation using the FPV to avoid overflying homes and an industrial park.

https://vimeo.com/87722446

very nice -

Were you taking the footage of the P2 while flying? If so, bravo. I've taken some but haven't done much maneuvering using one hand for the camera and one hand for the controls.

Nice video!
Btw was that a perfect perfect landing or did you do some reverse editing work on that clip? :mrgreen:

LeoS said:
Nice video!
Btw was that a perfect perfect landing or did you do some reverse editing work on that clip? :mrgreen:

Its the power of reverse :) The trick is to not have anything in the frame that gives the game away, unlike my previous attempts :roll:

As for the inflight shots they were shot by my wife. All shot close up but deliberately set against just the sky. I am trying to build up a library of generic 'cutaway shots' for future use. Yesterday was the start of the collection.

What settings did you use on the GoPro? Did you do any post stabilization in FCPX? Other post corrections?

Shrimpfarmer said:
LeoS said:
Nice video!

Its the power of reverse :) The trick is to not have anything in the frame that gives the game away, unlike my previous attempts :roll:

As for the inflight shots they were shot by my wife. All shot close up but deliberately set against just the sky. I am trying to build up a library of generic 'cutaway shots' for future use. Yesterday was the start of the collection.

That's cool! Never thought of that trick before ;)
Btw, to make it perfect, you should take off backward; so it plays forward when you make it a landing clip !

LeoS said:
Shrimpfarmer said:
LeoS said:
Nice video!

That's cool! Never thought of that trick before ;)
Btw, to make it perfect, you should take off backward; so it plays forward when you make it a landing clip !

Good point ! and easy enough to do :)

Jezabel said:
What settings did you use on the GoPro? Did you do any post stabilization in FCPX? Other post corrections?

Jezabel

Rather than answer that here I will be making a separate post on my workflow with some video examples. It will be up shortly.

Shrimpy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20