When Should I Fly?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new with drones and I have the DJI phantom 1.
I just bought a used one and I want to make sure what color and how it should be flashing the LED to be able to fly?

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: tucguy
I'm quite new too, but the led should be green all the time. It should have quickly flashed green (10 quick flashes) twice. This means it has GPS lock.

Oh, and when the led flashes red all the time in the air, thar means the battery is low. Bring it close and land.

Most of the times, the led flashes green twice and one red. I flew anyway, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing. And do you know why does it flashes green twice and 1 red?

The red flash indicated the number of GPS sattelites, i think one red flash means 5 sattelites, I would reccomend waiting until the red disappears and it's all green.
Anyways that's what i do.

Some friendly advice....

Take the time to read the manual before flying.... it's available on the DJI website.

Taking shortcuts isn't going to end well for you.

P.S. If you have specific questions after working your way through the manual, post them here. There are many friendly pilots here that will help you but you "first" need to do your homework before asking them for help.

Some friendly advice....

Take the time to read the manual before flying.... it's available on the DJI website.

Taking shortcuts isn't going to end well for you.

P.S. If you have specific questions after working your way through the manual, post them here. There are many friendly pilots here that will help you but you "first" need to do your homework before asking them for help.

^^^This is the best advice you will ever get.
If your P1 came with no manual, here is the quick start manual: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom/en/PHANTOM_Quick_Start_Manual_v1.7_en.pdf
and the advanced manual: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom/en/PHANTOM_Advanced_Manual_en.pdf

A few important points to understand I’ve discovered about these birds:

1) GPS lock LED indication.

2) Home lock LED indication.

3) Low Battery LED indication and auto-land.

4) Compass error(s) and calibration (Phantom Dance).

Majority of P1’s tip somewhat when lifting off in GPS mode. I always lift-off in ATTI mode and then switch to GPS once in the air. Doesn’t seem to matter for landings but after a while most pilots will practice hand catching anyway.

RTM (read the manual) repeatedly and pay particular attention to the 4 items mentioned above.

Ti22's above four items about the P1 are dead on...

Add to those, to fly safely (i.e., away from people, in line of sight (LOS)), and also planning your flight so that your NOT fighting wind when returning to your landing point, will go a long way to keeping your quad in the air for a very long time. Your battery will be weakest near the end of your flight and if it has to fight the wind to get home, it might not make it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj