When does H3-3D need anti interference board?

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a new P2 with H3-3D from Helipal. There was no anti interference board enclosed, so I emailed Helipal. Here is their response.
"factory told us it you have Jello effect on the gopro video, then you will need that board, they said only the very first batch has that problem.

jacky"

Ok, so what degree of jello are we talking about?
Here's a recent video I took using 1080 50P in Superview mode. Can anyone who has experienced jello with the H3-3D and fitted the board comment?
https://vimeo.com/92861330

Cheers
Paul

Boozshey said:
So if you got one with the board in the box then you got crap?

That's a logical implication from what HeliPal is saying. Always nice to find these things out AFTER
you're the lucky customer who bought one. Not.

nzvideoguys said:
Boozshey said:
So if you got one with the board in the box then you got crap?

That's a logical implication from what HeliPal is saying. Always nice to find these things out AFTER
you're the lucky customer who bought one. Not.

See my thread on the jello issue here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13139

I have severe jello and I have even installed the board. This is using the same camera and camera settings I had on my P2 with H3-2D and flying the same (which never had jello). I have tried numerous settings / gains / dampening balls and nothing solved it... not even the "anti-interference" board.

I finally solved it with an ND filter, but now I am having issues with my gimbal resetting during flight because I cant get the counter-balance correct.

I'm calling bull sh!t on the factory and jello. From everything I have read the board is NOT for Jello. Its to fix the interference issues some people are having with their FPV's. I've been flying my new P2 with 3D gimbal now for two weeks and I have NO Jello. I do have interference issues with the DVL58. I'm still waiting for my board from Heli Direct

FASTFJR said:
I'm calling bull sh!t on the factory and jello. From everything I have read the board is NOT for Jello. Its to fix the interference issues some people are having with their FPV's. I've been flying my new P2 with 3D gimbal now for two weeks and I have NO Jello. I do have interference issues with the DVL58. I'm still waiting for my board from Heli Direct

According to the following link, interference can disrupt control signals and it would seem the anti-interference board is an opto-isolator. If the errors mean the gimbal gets out of sync with th Phantom, that could introduce vibration. That you have no jello means your wires are probably routed well enough to not getting interference. Also, the interference board needs to be placed the right way itself otherwise it won't do any good. Guessing on all of this as I have none of it, but it makes sense.

http://aerialpixels.com/support/alexmos ... ing-guide/

landonkk said:
even the "anti-interference" board.

I finally solved it with an ND filter, but now I am having issues with my gimbal resetting during flight because I cant get the counter-balance correct.

The ND won't "solve" Jello, but it will make it much less noticeable by reducing shutter speed. So you want to use the ND but you still want to make sure you have no significant vibration or feedback between gimbal and Phantom. The ND is recommended on sunny days even with no vibration.

ianwood said:
The ND won't "solve" Jello, but it will make it much less noticeable by reducing shutter speed. So you want to use the ND but you still want to make sure you have no significant vibration or feedback between gimbal and Phantom. The ND is recommended on sunny days even with no vibration.

I understand, but I literally tried everything I could think of to eliminate the vibrations causing the jello and it just was not happening. Again, like the compass rotation to solve the j-hook issue, it is slapping tape on the problem, but I want to spend my time shooting useable footage not troubleshooting.

What I noticed with the 3d yesterday was that the horizontal motor was very noisy. Electrical noisy... This was with it being controlled through the board. Didn't even think about removing the board and see what happened.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj