When do we need to replace props?

Reaction score
Is there a set amount of time/flights that its recommended to replace the props after?
They seem pretty strong and flexible, so I assume unless I can actually see damage or warping it's ok to fly on them? Or is it more of a "I've flown 600 flights, time to dump the old props and put on a fresh set"?
I purchased a few sets of props when I bought my P4, I think I overdid it and have enough for the lifetime of the machine :)

There's no specific lifespan. If you don't have any accidents they will last for years. As soon as you chip, scrape, or otherwise damage then they should be replaced. The props on my P2 are 1.5 years old.

You should dump them when they become damaged. Inspect them carefully for small cracks, nicks, or wear inside of the hub area prior to each flight.

As with all plastics, should be change when the time has taken their "life".
In motorcycle helmets, if you hit it hard, should be replaced. If you reach 5 years with it, you should get a new one..
Marketing trap to buy new ones? maybe, but your head is inside. In this case, the drone depends on their good shape to keep flying.

The plastic may become less flexible, over time. If they are not damaged, I replace them anyway after 50 hours in the air.

I have 40 hours / 500 miles on mine.

They look fine but I will probably replace them at the 50 hour mark just to play it safe. (At $3ea for DJI blades why not)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20