When do i stop using a dji p3 battery?

Reaction score
The video pretty much explains everything but right now my drone's battery has 300 plus uses

Just keep on using ... I would if its delivering useful life.

LiPo's generally show end of life by shortened flight times .... they rarely just fail ...

Basically what happens is the Internal Resistance increases as they get used over time ... the iR causes voltage drop and heat. Because the battery is now being asked to produce power to fly - the combination of increased internal resistance means battery cannot provide as much as when new. Its an accumulating factor.

I know some are now going to post ... GET RID OF IT ... BUT NEW !! Don't risk your bird etc. etc.

Well my answer to that is ... if I was living close to you - I would take the battery of your hands and use it quite happily if its still delivering ...

I have LiPo's with well over 500 cycles on them ... years old ... still flying.

The often quoted 200 cycles is wrongly quoted by many to be Life of the pack ... no it isn't. Its the warranty number of cycles vs 6 months / 1 year or whatever time frame.
DJI removed the cycle limit from GO app some time back. Litchi has never had it.

Nigel

Thank you for the info and I'm glad i don't haft to be scared to use it

Wait till the Paranoia brigade start !!

You'd think they have shares in DJI Stock !!

BUT - I would keep an eye on the flight times vs % left in battery ... you will notice a decline. Once it gets noticeable - then its time to change its use to FW upgrading / Setting up, short flight use ... basically as a bench power pack for the Bird. No need to bin it ...

I have plenty of LiPo's that are past their useful flight days. But I use them to power up for bench testing / setting up instead of using a good flight pack.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl